Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting sick of high snowbanks from plowing my 600' driveway and aprons, so next year I'll be doing the work with a 3046R w/cab

In addition to the 59" front mount blower, I plan to order a salt spreader and loader/material bucket.

I'm new to the tractor game, so any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts

Best advice? Read Read Read right here on GTT. Waaaaaay too much good info here to try and prioritize. Look in all of our forums here and get comfortable with the search feature. It can be your best friend. :good2:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome from Northern Ohio!

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
12,508 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:wgtt:from MN.

Since your getting a cab anyway you might want to consider a 3 point snowblower. It's only my opinion but they perform much better than the 59" Deere blower and cost 1/3 to 1/2 the cost. Only negatives are looking backwards and blowing snow dust (cab eliminates this). Most guys on here are'nt happy with how far there 59" throws the snow. I don't have a cab and still prefer the 3-point. Opinion Only Guy's!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,042 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
:wgtt:from the Mitten

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
:wgtt:from MN.

Since your getting a cab anyway you might want to consider a 3 point snowblower. It's only my opinion but they perform much better than the 59" Deere blower and cost 1/3 to 1/2 the cost. Only negatives are looking backwards and blowing snow dust (cab eliminates this). Most guys on here are'nt happy with how far there 59" throws the snow. I don't have a cab and still prefer the 3-point. Opinion Only Guy's!

Nice to keep the loader on the front too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Minnesnowta

Welcome

Now you are making me wish for a cab. Snowblower in front is best for an old stiff neck like mine. I have and use both front and rear.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts