Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a picture of my 1023e being built up at Padula Brothers here in MA. I'm being told I'll have delivery on Thursday due to the snow moving in and the need to finish the installation. I think I'm also going to add the spreader in the picture below. I have the JD electric spreader which works great, but I modified it for the X738 and don't want to convert back.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Why did they take so much off it? Looks like it's being assembled at the deere plant in Georgia.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mostly hydraulics. I added the third function hydraulics (grapple) and the mower deck hydraulics. I also have the new radials being put on so instead of changing tires they're just replacing the wheels and the tires. But, like I said, mostly the hydraulics installation.

Any experience with the Frontier spreaders??

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hydraulic installs are tight so everything has o come off to get to them

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Ahh gotcha, nice setup. I don't have any experience with frontier. I just bought a poly land pride when my father in laws steel spreader rotted out after 5 yrs. Probably had allot to do with how often he cleaned it out more than anything. You have to wash spreaders really really good after spreading fertilizer. The new landpride has 90% stainless steel stuff and of course the hopper is poly.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Good guys at Padula. Better guys at North Country Tractor 😁

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Yeah the rear spreaders throw really far. Not something to use in tight (less than 40' wide) areas.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Yeah the rear spreaders throw really far. Not something to use in tight (less than 40' wide) areas.
I have one ,not frontier but Landpride. If you idle it, it doesn’t do bad. For sand and salt I take the vanes of the spinner and it dont throw as far. I been gonna play and make shorter ones to see if I can play with how far it throws. For sanding the driveway during ice I just unbolt the vanes and it will only throw 6 feet or so.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
I never thought of taking the vanes off the plate so it doesn't throw it 30'. Great idea!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice, My neighbor bought his 1025R up there, we're down In W. Spfld. I was working the deal with them for mine when I came across Rosencrantz in NH ... no tax. Saved a bundle there... Took them about to week to build mine, I was foaming at the mouth to get it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked Rosencrantz and North Country. Both were higher than Padula by the time I was done with the config. The 1023e was only $10,375 for the base machine and they gave me almost what I paid for the X738. By the time I was done the total came to around $18500. That included grapple, hydraulics, 120R loader with bucket, 54" drive over, etc.. Any way, a good deal is a perception as I had recently said in another post. The one dealer I will never work with again is Nashua power. I bought my X580 from them and they said when the time came to upgrade, which it did a year later, just call and they would give me almost full credit. So one year later I wanted the X738 and they decided they didn't want to work a trade, then quoted list. I'm sure you know where they can put that quote.

I'm literally out of my 68 year old mind waiting for this tractor. It has to last till I take the dirt nap, so every day counts.But no more lifting decks or anything else to do the job. Can't wait, and paid in full !!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ahh gotcha, nice setup. I don't have any experience with frontier. I just bought a poly land pride when my father in laws steel spreader rotted out after 5 yrs. Probably had allot to do with how often he cleaned it out more than anything. You have to wash spreaders really really good after spreading fertilizer. The new landpride has 90% stainless steel stuff and of course the hopper is poly.
I've got a LP spreader, too, very nice. To really get them clean you have to power wash, a hose just doesn't clean well enough by itself. I had a steel one years ago, cleaned it religiously, but it corroded pretty fast. I managed to delay some of it by using cooking spray (veg. oil) on the spinning part and gates to coat them between uses.

·
Premium Member
8,425 Posts
I'm literally out of my 68 year old mind waiting for this tractor. It has to last till I take the dirt nap, so every day counts.
I hope you get to wear out that tractor and it isn't worth scrap by the time you are done with it. And that said, I hope you get a real good one and never have a problem with it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I checked Rosencrantz and North Country. Both were higher than Padula by the time I was done with the config. The 1023e was only $10,375 for the base machine and they gave me almost what I paid for the X738. By the time I was done the total came to around $18500. That included grapple, hydraulics, 120R loader with bucket, 54" drive over, etc.. Any way, a good deal is a perception as I had recently said in another post. The one dealer I will never work with again is Nashua power. I bought my X580 from them and they said when the time came to upgrade, which it did a year later, just call and they would give me almost full credit. So one year later I wanted the X738 and they decided they didn't want to work a trade, then quoted list. I'm sure you know where they can put that quote.

I'm literally out of my 68 year old mind waiting for this tractor. It has to last till I take the dirt nap, so every day counts.But no more lifting decks or anything else to do the job. Can't wait, and paid in full !!!

Yep, I worked a pretty good deal with Padula... was ready to sign off when a friend told me to try Rosey ... They beat Pad by about $2,000 with the tax... I really wanted to go with Pad, but $2,000 was too much to pass on.. it was a nice ride up and back.. :cool:

·
Registered
553 Posts
I don't think you'll have to worry about this machine outlasting you, but I hope you live past 100 so you have plenty of seat time. Buying my 2520 was my retirement present to myself, so I know where you're at with this. I'm trying to figure out right now where to hang my walker on the tractor where it won't interfere with anything. :D Enjoy that machine, nothing like the sound of a diesel to make an old man happy.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The machine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, and not soon enough. Every day that goes by helps me find something else to put on the thing. Last night it was a Frontier SS1023B spreader which will replace my electric powered JD spreader. Now I'm looking for reasonably priced steps light guards and mechanical flow control extension for the spreader. And if I don't get the tractor tomorrow I'll be looking at a snow plow for the JDQA for use next winter.

Staying in and keeping warm right now, doing what's needed to help fight this virus. Hope everyone out there is taking care of yourselves and your families. We'll get through this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice... I was out of my mind anxious when I was told mine was ready... 2hr trip to NH was just so fun.. went by fast. Funny thing is Rosenkrantz has 2 stores up there ... When I arrived at the store, I thought, hmmmm not too many machines here... which one is mine. So as I jumped out of the truck looking at the tractors out front trying to see which one was mine.. the salesman comes out, I asked him if he was Rick.. he says no. I tell him I'm there to pick up my new 1025... he's like.... hmmm, didn't know anyone was picking one up. Long story short... I was at the wrong store!!!! Fortunately, it was only another 20 minutes or so to get to the main store.. the rest is history.

On another note, had to go to Stanton JD down in Windsor,Ct yesterday to pick up some Hyguard we use for hopped up trannys in the cars we build. Daaaaamn... that place is a candy store for us. They had all kinds of attachments all over the place. I was foaming at the mouth, had a Sundown 48" tiller right next to where I parked ... brush hogs, back blades, box scrapers, fork lifts, sprayers .... just everything you can imagine..

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
I had to wait several 4+ months for mine, count yourself lucky.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey BOBL If you can swing it I’d recommend grabbing the 60” deck! I have the 54” and it’s a choice I’d always wished I went the other way on!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts