Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks JeryFlux but I have a shed near the house and a 60" deck won't fit through. As a matter of fact I'm beginning to wonder if the rops and lights will fit through.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey BOBL If you can swing it I’d recommend grabbing the 60” deck! I have the 54” and it’s a choice I’d always wished I went the other way on!
You might could get someone that lives close to you that would want to swap. There is always folks wishing they had something different than what they have, you just never know!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, I think everyone here has had at least 1 close call with the ROPS! For me its whacking my head when its down, for my dad its going into the garage when its up!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
And he brought my new tractor.................

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Nice 👍 Nice group of attachments BOBL

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Oh man, all that fresh green paint! Tell the truth, you're gonna sit in front of it tonight, drink a beer, and just stare at it :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welp, now I have to go buy a new tractor and grapple. Enjoy, you have a great set up!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks guys. I picked up some logs, changed from bucket to grapple, etc., but it's going to take some time to feel comfortable. Moved some logs and thought the tractor had no piss and vinegar. Then I remembered it's a two speed tranny. Duh.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Congrats on the new machine BOBL! It looks great. Sorry to see you leave us lowly 738 owners behind, but I’m sure you will enjoy this machine much more! We’ll just enviously look on as you drive this beauty. Enjoy!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks Mike, and I'm wondering already.

Surprised there's no comments on the new style tires my dealer got for me. He couldn't get them through Deere so he went to a tire dealer and got them. Good service!!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts

Surprised there's no comments on the new style tires my dealer got for me. He couldn't get them through Deere so he went to a tire dealer and got them. Good service!!
I noticed them and was going to ask.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Are they Radials? TTWT did an episode with those aftermarket tires, but I don't remember if they were.

I don't think that JD offers that pattern on the one series. Just the two series. I've had them on my 2032r since 2017 and love them.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
I like the tires.

Nice tractor. I do like those tires. Was there an up charge on them?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
$250 up charge. Gave them a pretty good test today through the woods and soft ground out back. My biggest fear was grip while backing up in soft dirt, etc.. No reason to fear at all. Same grip forwards and back, and they don't tear up the lawn.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
$250 up charge. Gave them a pretty good test today through the woods and soft ground out back. My biggest fear was grip while backing up in soft dirt, etc.. No reason to fear at all. Same grip forwards and back, and they don't tear up the lawn.
That is great to hear. That is a reasonable price. My deal is done, so I am going to order rims & tires myself, then sell the R4 wheels.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Are they Radials? TTWT did an episode with those aftermarket tires, but I don't remember if they were.

I don't think that JD offers that pattern on the one series. Just the two series. I've had them on my 2032r since 2017 and love them.
They are Carlisle Versa Turf tires. They will be a Deere option in June or so.
They keep getting pushed back.

Tim

21 - 40 of 42 Posts