Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from Peter who needs to re-collect my credit information because of a change of ownership with Artillian Tractor. The problem is, I already see a pending transaction against my checking account for this transaction, so why does he need to re-collect my credit information?

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I just got a call from Peter who needs to re-collect my credit information because of a change of ownership with Artillian Tractor
this sounds fishy to me...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Fishy is being nice.....something isn't right here.

I would get on the phone and call Artillian and speak to Chris and Chris only.
I just called the number on the Artillian website. Peter answered, and I told him I've had a transaction pending since Friday (when I made the order). He said he'd check into it and return a call if needed. Apparently Artillian has been acquired by Curtis Industries.

·
Premium Member
12,142 Posts
This note is posted on the website:

NOTICE: Artillian is currently in the process of a transition. Beginning Friday, February 10, 2017 we may begin to experience delays in shipping orders for approximately one week. Please continue to place your orders and we will process them as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and patronage.

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
I just called the number on the Artillian website. Peter answered, and I told him I've had a transaction pending since Friday (when I made the order). He said he'd check into it and return a call if needed. Apparently Artillian has been acquired by Curtis Industries.
Well maybe it is true then. On the Artillian front page is a big banner about a transition taking place and orders may be delayed.

Artillian Tractor Attachments - Light-Weight Heavy-Duty Pallet Forks for John Deere Subcompact & Compact Tractors

You have every right to be concerned however - phone calls like you got are scams most of the time.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This note is posted on the website:

NOTICE: Artillian is currently in the process of a transition. Beginning Friday, February 10, 2017 we may begin to experience delays in shipping orders for approximately one week. Please continue to place your orders and we will process them as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and patronage.
Yes, I saw that. I'm more concerned about the need to re-collect my credit information for a transaction that is already pending in my account. Wish I would have ordered this a week earlier.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
While I'm super happy for Chris that he sold the company, I'm bummed about it as well. As with any acquisition, there are going to be changes. Some changes I'm sure we'll like. Other changes we probably won't.

I'm hoping that Chris chimes in tells us what his role at the company is going to be. Hopefully he'll stay on as something like product manager or the head of R&D. This might be his opportunity to do the things that he likes (building cool stuff!) instead of things that he might not like as much (managing a business and employees).

NOTE: I am only throwing these things out as examples based on my experiences with companies over the years. I have NO inside information on what Chris likes and doesn't like.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
first thing that comes to mind is the QUALITY of Chris's products will go to hell.
Hope not, and hope that Chris still has a role with the company. That said, I am glad that I ordered when I did, if not a week or two earlier.

·
Premium Member
9,117 Posts
WHAT!

I was only gone a little while....

first thing that comes to mind is the QUALITY of Chris's products will go to hell.
NOT if Chris is still involved it won't.

Now if he is off to play with his new Kubota, well then anything is possible. :lolol:

(that ought to stir the pot for a while)

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
WHAT!

I was only gone a little while....

NOT if Chris is still involved it won't.

Now if he is off to play with his new Kubota, well then anything is possible. :lolol:

(that ought to stir the pot for a while)
See what happens when you go away for a while. I'd say this is probably your fault. :lolol:

How's that for stirring the pot? :hide:

·
Premium Member
9,117 Posts
See what happens when you go away for a while. I'd say this is probably your fault. :lolol:

How's that for stirring the pot? :hide:
That didn't work out like I thought. :banghead: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
If he has in fact sold his business to Curtis, I wouldn't be all to concerned. Curtis has some fairly high standards for the other stuff they build. And it'd be even better if Chris stays on with Curtis.

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
Interesting.
If true about the Curtis thing, could mean the Artillian developed products could wind up being sold at Deere dealerships like the Curtis cabs.:munch:
That would actually be a concern for me. I looked at the Curtis site and it doesn't seem they sell directly. If they do the same with Artillian products I won't have access as there are no Deere dealers anywhere around here.

And on top of that Deere seems to have put the stops to dealers like Mutton's from selling on the internet.

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
My experience with Curtis has always been positive. Good local company. Great products. Fast, friendly service with parts and / or information.

Around here everyone who moves snow owns a Curtis snow plow! Their cabs have always been well built and a solid value.

There’s always a bit of doubt & confusion during a transition. I say :congrats: to Chris & Artillian and welcome aboard to Curtis.

:gtfam:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I too placed an order during the 'transition period' (021317) and got a call from Peter at Curtis. He left a vm explaining the situation so I called back. I talked with Peter at length about what was going on at Artillian and with Chris and his team etc. It sounds like most of what is happening with the slow shipments etc is administrative/logistical problems. I don't have charges pending on my credit card so I'm going to call tomorrow for an update.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.