Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last couple of times I've mowed I've noticed my hands just covered with black spots after a while. My first thought was that the black paint or plastic or whatever from the steering wheel is rubbing off on my hands. I figured maybe it's because the weather is really heating up these last couple of times. But then it occurred to me: just about every time I go to get on the tractor the seat is covered in black dust that I have to brush off. Seems like it's worse lately I think maybe that while I'm letting the tractor cool down it's kicking soot up into the air and after I shut it off and leave it the soot settles on the tractor (including the seat and the steering wheel). Anybody else experience this?

·
Registered
384 Posts
What machine do you have? Looks like a SCUT.. Hard to tell from pics.. but ive never heard of anyone complaining about getting soot all the way up on their hands n body. Usually just the loader or front attachments get sooty over tome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well once i posted I saw MCUT. Out of my wheel house. Haha. I only have a 1025r. But model and year may help others answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
Take a look at his signature will tell you he has a 2038r.

To the OP, this would be a first time I've ever heard about a soot issue with the 2038 or 2032.

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Never had a problem with mine. I have about 175 hours on mine and I have went thru 3 regens.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
400 hours and no soot from my 2038

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
All I use is my IPad and IPhone. I can see the signatures on both.

Reactions: Big

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
All I use is my IPad and IPhone. I can see the signatures on both.
Hmm, very interesting. I think I'll take this over to the computers subforum and try to figure out what's going on with my setup. I had not used my Dell desktop recently, and now I don't see any signatures on that either. Must be a setting I screwed up somehow. Thanks.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Last couple of times I've mowed I've noticed my hands just covered with black spots after a while. My first thought was that the black paint or plastic or whatever from the steering wheel is rubbing off on my hands. I figured maybe it's because the weather is really heating up these last couple of times. But then it occurred to me: just about every time I go to get on the tractor the seat is covered in black dust that I have to brush off. Seems like it's worse lately I think maybe that while I'm letting the tractor cool down it's kicking soot up into the air and after I shut it off and leave it the soot settles on the tractor (including the seat and the steering wheel). Anybody else experience this?
I had soot under the hood and exhaust coming through the hand throttle. I tracked it down to two tubes that were not connected from the catalytic converter or what ever they call it that catches the soot, the two tubes should have been connected to a pressure sensor. there is a plastic partition just in front of the converter, the sensor is on the other side of the partition. not sure if that's your problem but good to check, my partition was melted.

a picture of the tubes is in this thread

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.