Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering replicating one of our vendors backhoe quick connect adapters for my 46 BH as all I get when contacting them about developing or offering one is crickets....

In my planning phase I found I’ll need a source for the 1” pins that hold the bucket on the BH, they’re 1” diameter and 7-3/8” long and have a ~1/4” hole ~1/4” from the ends, the JD part # is PT8174 and is seen here in JD parts, they’re available directly for ~$40 each.

I could work with a matching pin or one with a head on one end and the hole on the other, as long as the other sizes match.
Thanks in advance for any links or advice!

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,323 Posts
Have you considered getting steel stock and making your own? 4140 or 1144 stressproof are popular choices.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree with kennyd, it would be pretty easy to make your own for a lot less $.

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Have you considered getting steel stock and making your own? 4140 or 1144 stressproof are popular choices.
I have, but the one thing my shop lacks is a good drill, vice and bits do do it correctly without significant effort :banghead:

I’m going to have enough trouble trying to bore the 1”holes in my side plates to make the adapter, I don’t have any idea how I’d still a round bar accuracy...

Hence my thoughts on trying to source them, a lot less to deal with.

Besides I’d kind of like to get a pin with a head on one end to simplify things, have one less retaining pin to buy, break, etc. I can’t accomplish that with plain round stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts