Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I purchase bits for hydraulic work? I've seen a link here and there in the forums, is there any collected lists of suppliers for parts? Perhaps that would be a useful sticky if it exists.

The big one I am looking for right now is SCVs. I'd like to emulate dieselshadow's setup, except id be interested to price out valves that also have solenoids on them.

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
Surplus Center

Not sure on the valves, but for hoses and fittings they have a great selection, prices and they ship right away. You can do it online but I prefer using the catalog to search out what I’m looking for.

I did have one hose from them that had a pinhole in it about 3 inches from the end. They sent me a tag to send it back to the manufacturer and sent out a replacement that day. I might have had my new one before the manufacture had theirs back.:good2:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I second surplus center. I ordered a SCV from them for my JD 400 GT's FEL. It was a really nice piece. I have also bought a couple of pumps from them as well. You need to know the specs of what you are looking for or its easy to buy the wrong thing.

Grainger also has a hydraulic section, I bought a cylinder from them a couple of months ago with no issues. I can't remember if they offer SCV's.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,630 Posts
X3, Surplus Center

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
This is who I use: https://www.hydraulicstore.com/home

I'd like to emulate dieselshadow's setup, except id be interested to price out valves that also have solenoids on them.
Then they will be ON/OFF as opposed to proportional, unless you get into big :gizmo:

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
Where can I purchase bits for hydraulic work? I've seen a link here and there in the forums, is there any collected lists of suppliers for parts? Perhaps that would be a useful sticky if it exists.

The big one I am looking for right now is SCVs. I'd like to emulate dieselshadow's setup, except id be interested to price out valves that also have solenoids on them.
Why solenoid valves? Besides costing a lot more and having to then have all the electric controls for them, you loose any true feathering ability without spending big money like Kenny mentioned.

I am curious as to why you would want to go the electric route??? Are you getting a cab or already have one?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
kenny the hydraulicstore is just what i was looking for.

Proportional is probably not needed. i was trying to sort out costs of dual manual and electrical control. I had an idea for a embedded system being able to control a TNT system as well as manual controls for normal usage. It looks like a dual control valve gives up the ability to float though, not sure i want to give up float.

I did find an eaton proportional valve on grainger - $1100 ea. yeow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Backing up a bit, what benefit would float really provide for TnT, or any aux rear circuit? I realized I wanted it without knowing why. :crazy:

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts
Backing up a bit, what benefit would float really provide for TnT, or any aux rear circuit? I realized I wanted it without knowing why. :crazy:
Top link used with a 3pt mower, specifically for banks where the std mower swivel simply is not enough.

Side link for final smoothing of a natural surfaced road.
For a rear snow blower.
For raking.

These are just off the top of my head, there are others I'm sure.

Talk to anyone that has made use of the float feature on a "T&T" set and you will find 99.9% would not go without again. Probably just as many as anyone that has made use of a hydraulic top link. See how many of those people would prefer to go back to a manual link. Not many.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts