Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of a spade attachment for planting trees and rhododendron plants.

This will be used on my 1025r bucket.

Can I mount it to towards the side of the bucket and not only in the middle? I may be able to lean over to see it better.

Will that placement harm the rams by having an unequal load?

Randy
Oregon

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Your likely to get multiple opinions this but my take would be to keep it centered for even forces both on the loader and for digging.

Second consideration is safety. Ever hooked an immovable load on one corner of the bucket? Get the light feeling on one rear tire and not the other and then that tippy feeling? I’d not want to chance that over and over while digging with a shovel on one side of your Loader

It may not be what your looking for but have you seen Artillian’s front hoe?

Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I was looking at thlse for some minor drainage, but worried about bending my 1025r bucket.
I doubt you will bend the bucket unless you get it hooked on a rock or root and you go crazy on it, in which case you will be more worried about tipping the tractor than bending a bucket! If you are trying to drive it into the dirt before you scoop then you might put an unusual force on your FEL arms and they may not like it. I use the Artillian hoe bucket for planting and do not have a lot of visibility issues. I tried to use it for drainage and while it worked the whole process was too slow for the amount of drainage I needed to dig so I went and rented a ditch witch. My problem was I could scoop it out but then I had to back up and dump it some place then get lined back up and repeat. A back hoe or a ditch witch make things a lot easier. I ended up renting a ditch witch to save time.

Reactions: Robnik
1 - 4 of 4 Posts