Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the discussion of how many sandwiches you could eat I decided to post the how to and secrets of my favorite breakfast sandwich which has been perfected with over 30 years and with hundreds of cans of SPAM.

SPAM and Cheese Omelette Sandwich.jpg

THE POWER OF :spam:

·
Corndog Hater
11,267 Posts
Looks good. We had Spam as kids, my mom would put it in her scalloped potatoes instead of ham. Not one single can has ever graced the shelves in this house. Mrs. CP says yuck!

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Here's a quote from the movie "The Man in the Grey Flannel Suit".

Maria Montagne: Could you possibly give me some Spam?
Tom Rath: You like Spam?

Tom Rath was played by Gregory Peck; the quotes took place in Europe after WWII and the lady was a refugee who did not have enough to eat (even Spam). Peck played a U.S. officer that obviously had eaten enough Spam to last him a lifetime. I remember that quote for some reason, although it's probably been 40 years since I saw the movie.

Hawaii, on the other hand, probably consumes more spam per capita than any place in the world. I have always like fried Spam sandwiches myself.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great quote.

+1 on grilled SPAM sandwiches. I like to grill it and then melt it into a grilled cheese on my panini press. I have not done that for awhile but am heading to Woodmans this afternoon after watching John Wick 2 and will pick up the supplies.

The power of :spam:

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Well Meagerhair--ur power of Spam seems that the wife is a no go to some fried spam here.:unknown: exact word she said--YUCK.:laugh:

when i was a kid-we had fried spam probably every other week:thumbup1gif: some white bread and yellow mustard--and i kinda liked it then.

I guess if i want any spam--i will have to come to ur house for some breakfast bagels:lolol:p.s.-on the way i could stop at McDonald's and have some breakfast biscut's on scrambled eggs and bacon-hold the cheese please:munch:

·
Registered
742 Posts
MeagerHair, I'm a Spam lover. My favorite is to open a can of the Hot & Spicy Tabasco flavored Spam..

SPAM-Hot-Spicy-455.png

Then cut thin slices of it and fry it gently... just enough to warm it up and give it a very slight crunch. I eat that with a couple of scrambled eggs that I dust with this.... MMMMMM, but use cautiously, that stuff is HOT!!!!!

jar-pic2.jpg

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have never tries the Tabasco SPAM. I will look for it when I am in the store. Woodman's seems to have everything.

The store in GA used to have potted SPAM which was allot like Potted meat. Great for making a quick sandwich when out on the boat.

The Power of SPAM: :spam:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts