Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed a special sheet metal brake. I had a project that need to bend the part inside of a cut out. There was just no way to use my box brake. So, I designed and built the tool I needed. And here it is, it worked perfectly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It will handle a 12 inch piece, I have stops for adjusting the side guide to be at right angle to the bend. The handle can function from either end.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
NEAT....
Always fun to see what a fellow tool maker comes up with to solve a problem....
I have had Bridgeport envy since the day I retired... I could use one a thousand times...
Enjoy

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Damn fine job there!
Need every hold down tool in the book for those kinds of projects i bet.:laugh:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Must be nice to have filled a tank while spending less than $10.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
503 Posts
NEAT....
Always fun to see what a fellow tool maker comes up with to solve a problem....
I have had Bridgeport envy since the day I retired... I could use one a thousand times...
Enjoy
Have to agree there. It's interesting to see who else here is a toolmaker as well as myself. That is some really nice work Randy and you have a right to be proud.:bigthumb: The faces look amazing as well. Is there a story behind them.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have to agree there. It's interesting to see who else here is a toolmaker as well as myself. That is some really nice work Randy and you have a right to be proud.:bigthumb: The faces look amazing as well. Is there a story behind them.
Thank you for the praise Lorne. Yes, this was a side project to this one.

Gas Pump Restoration

·
Registered
503 Posts
I am definitely going to be following your restoration thread Randy. I enjoy the show American Restoration a lot and would LOVE to work in that type of business. I am, unfortunately, not in my area of passion (technology, crafting and manufacturing) for work and what you're doing is really my passion. Kudos to you.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts