Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got one of these? Thinking about getting one instead of i-match. Cdn price for i-match is $385 plus tax, Speeco is $279 via Princessauto.com Opinions please.

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
It's fine, except for the color:laugh:

Didn't you post that you had a line on a used iMatch?

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, from one of my local friends from mytractorforum.com (I've asked him to join us here). Waited 1 hr too long, he sold it. On color, hate to break this to you, but the frame is black, seat is yellow. :mocking:

It's fine, except for the color:laugh:

Didn't you post that you had a line on a used iMatch?

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, didn't know that Landpride made one. Got an email into the local dealer, but I bet he'll be hard pressed to match Princes Auto's price on the Speeco, which is also adjustable.

Another option is Landpride. I really like both of mine. I know it isn't a TRUE asae hitch but it adjusts to it. I actually set mine to those dimensions and just leave it there. Works pretty good.

http://www.landpride.com/main_products/main_qh.html

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, can scratch that one off the list. Just called the local Landpride dealer, it's $450 Cdn + tax, more than the i-Match. Guess I'll give the Speeco a shot. Nice thing about Princess Auto is that "no sale is final" no matter how long you have it, so if I run into issues it's no hassle to return, exchange, or get store credit. I'll know rather quickly if the Speeco won't work.

Thanks, didn't know that Landpride made one. Got an email into the local dealer, but I bet he'll be hard pressed to match Princes Auto's price on the Speeco, which is also adjustable.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The Speeco should be fine. I almost went with the Speeco but ended up being able to get the iMatch for cheaper so that made the decision easy.

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
As you found out, the Landpride QH sells for more than the iMatch!

·
Registered
733 Posts
You might want to shop around for the iMatch....is that 385 you were quoted the MSRP? Here in the States the iMatch is the least expensive of all "true ASAE" quick hitches.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, and all the JD dealerships in Nova Scotia, PEI, and NB are owned by one Company, Green-Diamond, the largest JD dealership in Canada.... Think they have something like 19 locations.

You might want to shop around for the iMatch....is that 385 you were quoted the MSRP? Here in the States the iMatch is the least expensive of all "true ASAE" quick hitches.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yup, and all the JD dealerships in Nova Scotia, PEI, and NB are owned by one Company, Green-Diamond, the largest JD dealership in Canada.... Think they have something like 19 locations.
Did they take over Toner's territory after the "difficulties" there? I know up until a few years ago Toner was still in Grand Falls. Havent really looked into who was handling it up there after Toner.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Their website says Moncton, Sussex, and Woodstock. So probably not, but I know they are picking up more according to my sales guy.

Did they take over Toner's territory after the "difficulties" there? I know up until a few years ago Toner was still in Grand Falls. Havent really looked into who was handling it up there after Toner.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the Speeco, and it's now on the 2305. Only thing I don't like about it is the flimsy plastic handles on the lock handles, both were cracked when I looked at it today so I pulled them off. It appears they hit the top of the cross piece if "let go". Not a big enough issue to take back to Princess Auto. I'll either hit up Speeco for a set, or find some rubber hose that's big enough to fit over the handles. Workd some slick with my Frontier back blade.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
The more implements you have the more you'll appreciate the quick hitch. :good2: It is the only way to go.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I only have two, the back blade and ballast box and already appreciate it. wasn't hard to put on the speeco, but sure was a PIA taking off the back blade to put it on.

The more implements you have the more you'll appreciate the quick hitch. :good2: It is the only way to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts