Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I am missing something -

I have no spell checker that works in the background. What I am used to is Chrome on my PC that underlines misspelled words as I type them.

With my iPad and Safari I have to spot my spelling mistakes myself - can then touch the word and it will give me a correction suggestion.

I am getting worse as I get older with recognizing misspelled words. Plus I am constantly making mistakes because of my fat slow fingers on the on-screen touch keypad.

And no, I won’t use Chrome on IOS because of no ad blocker.

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
When I misspell words it turns blue and suggests a replacement, most times anyway. Sometimes it just fixes it automatically.

0568A0BC-1D76-4B61-B4D9-8E9C10EAE80F.png

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
My ipad tends to guess words as I'm typing . Sometimes it inserts words or spellings that I don't mean to use. Most of the time it works well. Sometimes it will not let me spell the names of people or roads properly.

·
Registered
21,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve had such a pleasurable day with my new spell checker - oh so nice!

Now if I could only get rid of that #$&* undo button that I always hit by mistake and loose all my text......

Why oh why did they put that right next to the space bar. In fact it takes up the space of the space bar when in upper case mode. I’m almost tempted to insert the little character that bangs it’s head against a wall.....

09FD0844-9DFD-42EA-831A-ADC6D8EBEE7D.jpeg

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
Search around CT, I'm pretty sure there are other keyboards you can download or assign in the settings and use-look at my pic above, I don't have that UNDO and I've never added anything special.

·
Registered
21,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Search around CT, I'm pretty sure there are other keyboards you can download or assign in the settings and use-look at my pic above, I don't have that UNDO and I've never added anything special.
You sure you don't have it when it upper case mode?

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
Uppercase mode to me is when you double tap the shift key (note it’s underlned) and it locks in all caps mode LIKE THIS:

73866F12-CA64-40CF-8C97-87FCB2896756.png

The Undo button is not there. It is only present when the numeric/symbol keyboard is active just like your picture shows, I don’t see this as an issue since your not generally in that keyboard for typing replies or emails.

·
Registered
21,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK - I meant the numeric keyboard. Like you say it’s not used a lot but whenever I am entering numbers or apostrophes etc. I seem to hit it.

And I know I can do some kind of fancy finger work on the regular keyboard to hit numbers, apostrophes and the like but never got the hang of it. Guess I need to work on that.....

Just tried to hit some number keys on the regular keyboard and just can’t get them to work.....

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
The number/symbol thing on the main keyboard is hit or miss for me too CT. A quick down swipe action seems to get it most times, but not always.

·
Registered
21,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
785()

Thanks again Ken - I was trying to swipe up......

Seems if I slow down and take my time I can do it.

RLstanfa- I see know how that works. But I loose the annotations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts