Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
left at 11 a.m and return to my house at 5:55 p.m figured i went over 30 miles. it ran for 7 hrs straight except for when i went to walmart for 20min
didnt skip a beat. picture in farm feild i figure what it may have looked like in 1935 only in color:laugh:
first stop was the car wash 2 dollar wash and i was off:greentractorride:

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pics

pics of etrailer.com for those of u who buy from them. they are putting on a huge addition. they are good people in there i buy lots od stuff from them they are like 2 miles from home:greentractorride:

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
That is such a cool tractor. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pics at walmart

had to pick up a few items:greentractorride:

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
getting some shell rewards

filling up before home i figure i used about 9 gallons of gas for 7hrs at mostly full rpm:greentractorride:

i think im good for a while on driving the D:flag_of_truce:

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
You had to be the coolest guy in the Walmart parking lot. :thumbup1gif:
Waaaaaay cooler than Gizmo ever thought he was. :mocking:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Old Pa-pa
11,419 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
740 Posts
i figure i used about 9 gallons of gas for 7hrs at mostly full rpm
I can't think of any other 500+ cubic inch engines that will burn only nine gallons of fuel after running at rated rpm for seven hours! Heck, even my little 100 cubic inch M isn't that easy on fuel.

·
Registered
11,405 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't think of any other 500+ cubic inch engines that will burn only nine gallons of fuel after running at rated rpm for seven hours! Heck, even my little 100 cubic inch M isn't that easy on fuel.
john deere test showed the 501ci 8.2L D at full load used 3.9 gallons of kero an hr.. 880rpm/ no load 965rpm which is what i was doing showed 1.5 gallons an hr on kero. i dont know excactly how much was in the tank when i started but it wasnt full but close and after trip i put in 12.9 gallons of gasoline to the brim so i estimated 9 gallons used for 7hrs give or take which is about 1.3 gallons and hr on gasoline. so close to their figures. but who knows for sure:dunno::greentractorride:

·
Registered
61 Posts
john deere test showed the 501ci 8.2L D at full load used 3.9 gallons of kero an hr.. 880rpm/ no load 965rpm which is what i was doing showed 1.5 gallons an hr on kero. i dont know excactly how much was in the tank when i started but it wasnt full but close and after trip i put in 12.9 gallons of gasoline to the brim so i estimated 9 gallons used for 7hrs give or take which is about 1.3 gallons and hr on gasoline. so close to their figures. but who knows for sure:dunno::greentractorride:
I've plowed with an earlier D on steel at our club show years ago and it was running on 80% Diesel/20% Regular gas with a bit of water being injected too. It ran great in heavy ground but would blow a bit of smoke when not under load. I forget what the fuel consumption was, there is a video of it on my YouTube channel BrentEdmonson. Deere's were always famous for burning very little amounts of low cost fuel like Stove Top, Kerosene, and Distilate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts