Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody know what kind of spider this is? Found it in the laundry room. I could catch snakes all day long. But I really and I mean REALLY hate spiders!!!!! In the summer I spray every month and a half or 2. :nunu:

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Anybody know what kind of spider this is? Found it in the laundry room. I catch snakes all day long. But I really and I mean REALLY hate spiders!!!!! In the summer I spray every month and a half or 2. :nunu:
X2, If I saw it here the pictures would have been of a dead spider.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trust me these pictures were of his final moments! :good2:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Can't tell by the pics if that's a Brown Recluse. Anytime I have to work under a building my mind starts picturing poisonous spiders. Have come across too many female Black Widow spiders.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It really looks like the Brown Recluse (Fiddleback). We have a lot of them here, not uncommon at all.
One website I visited had this info "you can know for sure by counting its eyes. If it has six eyes then yes it's a brown recluse."

:think:

Count the eyes?

yeah right! um, splat.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Looks too big to be a Brown Recluse. Also, usually the BR is under wood piles, leaf piles, etc., not out in the open. I'd say it is harmless, although it might make some of you hurt yourselves!

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
Looks too big to be a Brown Recluse. Also, usually the BR is under wood piles, leaf piles, etc., not out in the open. I'd say it is harmless, although it might make some of you hurt yourselves!
And you're from Texas? Where the have bedbugs as big a box turtles? The Fiddleback gets pretty big...at least I've seen some that are pretty good size.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
It really looks like the Brown Recluse (Fiddleback). We have a lot of them here, not uncommon at all.
Yip, once knew a guy who tried to stomp on one in his house. He didn't know till much later that it had gone up his pant leg and bit him in the upper thigh. Put off going to the doc and almost lost the leg.

There is a doctor who did research on venomous bites. Documented how a low voltage stun gun applied to the area neutralized the poison. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Size wise it was a little bigger than a quarter. I was pretty sure that's what it was but that's the first time seeing one in person so I thought I would ask my friends here.

Outside I have decent luck spraying Malathion around the house when it is mixed strong enough. But I wouldn't feel comfortable spraying that inside. Plus it stinks! I've been looking on amazon and seen some stuff with good reviews (Cy-Kick CS). Any thoughts? What do you guys use down in the lower 48 that have most of these darn things?

Also I would welcome some outdoor spray recommendations as I haven't been real pleased with Malathion.
Thanks everybody!

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
Yip, once knew a guy who tried to stomp on one in his house. He didn't know till much later that it had gone up his pant leg and bit him in the upper thigh. Put off going to the doc and almost lost the leg.

There is a doctor who did research on venomous bites. Documented how a low voltage stun gun applied to the area neutralized the poison. Pretty cool.
Yes, and I have heard that same remedy works when applied to poisonous snake bites.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts