Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that my blades don't stop spinning right away when I disengage the blades on my d105 42" deck. I've found the parts but not sure what needs to come apart in what order to install the pads.

I haven't found any guidance searching YouTube or the forum, does anyone know what steps need to be taken to replace the pads? Or is there some resource out there that someone can direct me to?

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts
Here is the part... Note, the brake pad is different depending on serial number.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This guy JUST posted a video on how to repair that exact problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmoKoC7ArlQ
I saw that, love his channel. But he doesn't actually show how to replace them.

Yeah, I got the part number and the local JD dealer has them in stock. Just need to find some instructions before tearing into that and creating a boondogle...

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts
I saw that, love his channel. But he doesn't actually show how to replace them.

Yeah, I got the part number and the local JD dealer has them in stock. Just need to find some instructions before tearing into that and creating a boondogle...
The brake shoe bracket appears to be held in place by a single bolt (#16).

I've never seen one myself but it seems like you would remove nut #18. Unhook spring #14. Remove bolt #16, washer #15, washer #10, spring #14. Remove brake bracket #17. Reassemble in reverse order.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The brake shoe bracket appears to be held in place by a single bolt (#16).

I've never seen one myself but it seems like you would remove nut #18. Unhook spring #14. Remove bolt #16, washer #15, washer #10, spring #14. Remove brake bracket #17. Reassemble in reverse order.
I may end up just trying it this way. Thanks jgayman...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts