Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a X739 with a 1474M 47" snow blower. I know it has chute rotation. does it have spout control? I cannot find and where on JD.com that tells about it. I have seen videos that show it being controlled.

Thanks John

·
Registered
32 Posts
From the factory, shute deflector control comes from you getting off the tractor and adjusting it. JD offers a manual spout deflector cable similar to whats found on the 44 and 47" belt driven blowers. Many of us, including myself opted for a electric actuator that controls it. Very easy to install and there is a guy on Ebay that sells the whole kit with everything you need.

`FOR JOHN DEERE SNOW BLOWER LINEAR ACTUATOR ELECTRIC CHUTE CONTROL KIT PLANS | eBay

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
And Congrats on the 739! Hope it works well for you!:good2:

Reactions: JD4044M and jws338

·
Premium Member
12,682 Posts
I just ordered a X739 with a 1474M 47" snow blower. I know it has chute rotation. does it have spout control? I cannot find and where on JD.com that tells about it. I have seen videos that show it being controlled.

Thanks John
The 47-inch blower has hydraulic chute rotation. The remote spout control is optional. I believe BM20960 is the correct Remote Spout Control for a X700-series tractor. I highly recommend having some form of remote spout control. It really helps keep the snow heading in the right direction, especially when it is windy.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I will order the actuator today, I ordered an Original Tractor Cab for the 739. I wanted the JD hard but the MCS would't work with it and the dealer didn't recommend taking the cab off and on every year.

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Thanks everyone. I will order the actuator today, I ordered an Original Tractor Cab for the 739. I wanted the JD hard but the MCS would't work with it and the dealer didn't recommend taking the cab off and on every year.
Simply being out of the wind is a major issue. Make sure to have some type of air circulation fan inside your cab, whether it's 12 volt, battery powered or some variations. A drafty cab has its advantages as it won't fog up as severely or quickly. Having the air circulation helps keep windows clear but also just breathing fresh air.

Front wiper is a necessity, rear wiper not so much unless you have a rear 3 point blower. Lighting is critical as the blower blocks the headlights on your X739 or any X series for that matter when raised. Be thinking about adding some LED lights up high in front and back. It makes all the difference clearing snow.

Most of the summer implements won't block the headlights the way the snow blower or blade does. Plus you will do most of your tractor work during daylight hours in warm weather, just the opposite in winter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Sulleybear. I ordered the front light kit, the heater and quick connect for the heater. I plan on making a bracket to mount the heater. I ordered the aux alternator kit, mounted broadcast spreader, MCS 14 bushel, hyd mulch control. The dealer talked me out of chains. They thought the tires and 4wd would do it. I guess you need spacers to put the chains on. I got most options except 3 point hitch. Can't wait to get delivery. I will put some leds on the cab and a led strobe. I had a cab on my 360 and it was Great. I was really disappointed I couldn't get a hard cab because of the MCS.
John

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love the electric actuator for spout control. I have been trying to source a 3 portion rocking switch that matches the JD ones in the dash of the x739. I have one more knock out open as the top one is filled with a charging port. Does anyone have a source?

Thanks

·
Administrator
18,282 Posts
They are just standard Carling style rocker switches, you'd want a DPDT one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts