Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Tractors are a tool to be used so to me a dirty tractor is a thing of beauty.
Besides, a little time and water and she'll wash up as good as new.

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have to see what I can come up with this weekend. We've had a ton of snow melt, and it's supposed to rain Saturday. I think I should be able to post photos of a brown tractor. :laugh:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was helping my father-in-law clean out a cow pen in his shed. The angle from the shed door to the pen door was just a little too tight for his skid steer. I really need to get a more compact way to get weight on the back of the tractor for this type of job. This is what caused me to ask the question I did on the Heavy Hitch area of this forum. Up to now I just thought if I needed weight I would just hook up the 500 pound tiller.

I then ran the manure down the driveway to the manure pile where he is storing it until he can spread it on some fields. The driveway was just a long stretch of mud and puddles. The trip down the driveway was slow and careful. Most of the mud flinging happened on the return trip to the shed when I was in high gear.

The little 1023E really saved my back versus shoveling it out by hand.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was helping my father-in-law clean out a cow pen in his shed. The angle from the shed door to the pen door was just a little too tight for his skid steer. I really need to get a more compact way to get weight on the back of the tractor for this type of job. This is what caused me to ask the question I did on the Heavy Hitch area of this forum. Up to now I just thought if I needed weight I would just hook up the 500 pound tiller.

I then ran the manure down the driveway to the manure pile where he is storing it until he can spread it on some fields. The driveway was just a long stretch of mud and puddles. The trip down the driveway was slow and careful. Most of the mud flinging happened on the return trip to the shed when I was in high gear.

:laugh: that's funny, my first thought was that it looked like manure. I've spent a lot of time in my younger years cleaning the barn during the winter and spreading it during the spring......not the most fun job in the world but its great the green machine stepped up to the job. you going to get to tow the spreader too?

·
Registered
153 Posts
OOOh! Ya that's dirty.
My mom always said "a little dirt is good for ya"
Is that a red fuel cap on there?

·
Registered
732 Posts

So wait a minute here. Is this mud splatter or poo? We might need a judges ruling to see if this picture qualifies. :lol:

Unfortunately for me with an all grass yard, means if I get it covered in mud, I then have a lot of damage to fix when it drys up.

·
Premium Member
14,876 Posts
So wait a minute here. Is this mud splatter or poo? We might need a judges ruling to see if this picture qualifies. :lol:

Unfortunately for me with an all grass yard, means if I get it covered in mud, I then have a lot of damage to fix when it drys up.
But wait , I thought we all wanted more seat time....to use our toys I mean tractors.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
My pics will be in a couple of weeks when mud season finally arrives. This year we seem to have a foot and a half more snow on this date than we did last year. My 1026 is still in blower mode, and the blower is needed to get to the FEL and backhoe. :flag_of_truce:

Mr. Moose

1 - 13 of 13 Posts