Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More than glad that it looks like winter is coming to an end. With the snow melt, I'm now realizing how much work I have ahead of me. I tore out about 2 acres of brush in the fall. It will all need to be leveled and seeded. Not complaining, I'll take it over pushing snow any day. Spring had sprung here in the Hoosier state.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
More than glad that it looks like winter is coming to an end. With the snow melt, I'm now realizing how much work I have ahead of me. I tore out about 2 acres of brush in the fall. It will all need to be leveled and seeded. Not complaining, I'll take it over pushing snow any day. Spring had sprung here in the Hoosier state.
I used to work for a company that had an office in Evansville. I could call and find out what weather they were having and we would have it in a day or two(most times)

Send it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yeah, this is the time of year when EVERYONE gets antsy for the warm weather.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
72* here today, 74* tomorrow, and 75* on Wednesday. :thumbup1gif:
Wont be long now before the grass comes up and needs grooming. :good2:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
72* here today, 74* tomorrow, and 75* on Wednesday. :thumbup1gif:
Wont be long now before the grass comes up and needs grooming. :good2:
Quit bragging!!!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
No snow left here.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
We have had 70's here for the last few days and they are saying at least 4 more days of the 70's. We have a few trees that are starting to put out leaves and the weeds are coming up in the yard. Now if we could just get the rain to stop, calling for rain every day through Friday. It should not be much longer before the outdoor work can start. Maybe I will get some seat time on my new tractor:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Good to hear some of you guys can get out and play finally.

I got the Quad stuck 30yds into our field, all that wet snow is still too deep. Had to fetch the tractor and a chain.:banghead::banghead:

Couple more days above freezing, and I might be able to start pumping water off the fields, and get the tractor stuck for the first time this season!:yahoo:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Saw 50 today, and at 2:30 we're still well above freezing @39F - Supposed to hit 60 by the afternoon. Snow won't last much longer at this rate. :)

It's been nice being outside in a sweat shirt the last few days. Makes working a lot easier than the teens we'd had so much of the winter.

·
Corndog Hater
11,690 Posts

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Little soupy on the farm here yet. I've been walking around, don't want to get the gator stuck or rut everything up. I'm sure itching to get to doing something. The main shed door has been froze shut the last couple of days. That's actually a good thing. All the doors aren't frozen, I'm gaining on improving the drainage.

I hope to get the hay mow all cleaned out this spring. That will be plenty of project.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
^same here, 2-3 feet in the yard, with piles ranging from 6-8 feet.

We've had a batch of warm days (above freezing), salt and sand has allowed the snow/ice on the driveway to melt.... which is a good sign.

Still have 2 feet of snow on top of the house, but that should be gone shortly if this weather holds up.

Can't wait to start cleanup of the property, looks like i'll have my work cut out for me this year..... going to address a few items that haven't been dealt with... and are a few years over due.

~g

1 - 16 of 16 Posts