Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,102 Posts
*cries*

It was -14° F this morning when I got up. Right now it is 11°.

I won't be planting anything until May - at the earliest. :laugh:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,743 Posts
If mother nature don't twist off on us, I think spring is here in south Louisiana.
Daytime temps been averaging between 65* and 75*, neighbors already talking about tomatoes and cucumbers.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are the temperatures getting down to there? I'd like to do some onions and some kale this year, but it's still to cold to put anything in the ground here.
In the 60's here; mid February is the time to put in onions. They will withstand freezing weather, but not much else will. About the only thing I have ever planted this early is green peas and maybe corn.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Bad Pappa. :lol:
AH-I had to reread it to get the joke, it went way--------------------------------------over my head the first time, good catch their--papa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lolol:

·
Premium Member
14,724 Posts
Not happening here for weeks, just looked we're having a heat wave , its still 17° calling for highs by the end of the week maybe in the 40's.

I might have to wipe the sweat ,,,,,Nope still not planning on doing to much this week.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Haha-had to re-read the post. Went over my head as well first time.

I tip my hat to papa.

I have to admit, I am currently under the influence of lots of over the counter cold medicine, a home remedy my queen gave me (two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar, a tablespoon of local grown honey, and a tablespoon of fresh lime juice) and I'm watching the Grateful Dead's concert DVD from July 4 last year. I cannot be responsible for my actions. Or lack thereof.

isaac

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Haha-had to re-read the post. Went over my head as well first time.

I tip my hat to papa.

I have to admit, I am currently under the influence of lots of over the counter cold medicine, a home remedy my queen gave me (two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar, a tablespoon of local grown honey, and a tablespoon of fresh lime juice) and I'm watching the Grateful Dead's concert DVD from July 4 last year. I cannot be responsible for my actions. Or lack thereof.

isaac
US,
I was there at the Haight Ashbury days in SF and saw the Dead play free concerts in Golden Gate Park in the 60's. Summer of Love stuff was all good! Losing Jerry was a real bummer and the end of an era. For the bug I use honey , lemon and Johnnie Walker Black (the blue is better but spendy). :bigthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts