Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
18,014 Posts
No clue, never seen them before. It would be nice if they posted the inner diameter specs for them.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Looks like the caps that go on a rifle scope. Once they get broken in, they won’t stay closed. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 3 remotes on my tractor and they all have JD markings but a few need replacement. They are the standard 1/2 pioneer female connectors. Have same kind on my Kubota M9540

·
Premium Member
12,298 Posts
I want to replace a few of the dust caps on the rear remotes. Have found caps in the link below, but wonder what holds them in place?
Don't want to break one off (unable to pull off) until I know what holds in on

https://agcrazy.com/47123643-hydraulic-coupling-dust-cap
These look similar to the types of caps that are typically found on remote hydraulics at the rear of large AG tractors. It seems like they would get in the way on our small Pioneer couplers.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,014 Posts
You won't find many better than these blue ones we sell, but a do have about a dozen of these black ones I can sell you for a good price.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
For my 6415, I bought the ones that are for the deluxe SCVs on a 5085M. The problem I had with rubber ones is the rubber would get brittle and they would fall apart.
They come in green, blue, and brown. There are different P/Ns for each color AND they are marked: extent or retract, so two P/Ns for each color, 6 total. RE268228/9 for green, RE268330/1 for blue, and RE268332/3 for brown.
IIRC they are also marked I on green, II on blue, and III on brown

The ID measures 1.496" I used a rubber hammer to tap them on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,425 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For my 6415, I bought the ones that are for the deluxe SCVs on a 5085M. The problem I had with rubber ones is the rubber would get brittle and they would fall apart.
They come in green, blue, and brown. There are different P/Ns for each color AND they are marked: extent or retract, so two P/Ns for each color, 6 total. RE268228/9 for green, RE268330/1 for blue, and RE268332/3 for brown.
IIRC they are also marked I on green, II on blue, and III on brown

The ID measures 1.496" I used a rubber hammer to tap them on.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Here are some picture of the JD spring loaded covers.
Notice how I mark my hoses with colored tie wraps to match the coupler it's used in
Bottom row has an additional red tie wrap. Red for retract

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts