Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with Spring and Summer coming up quickly. What is your plans with your Sub Compact?

For me I have a swing set I'm going to build this year using a 12" post hole digger and front forks to lift the beam for the swings.
Removing dirt ( i should say CLAY) from the front yard then moving it to the side of the house to build up that settled dirt.
Moving new top soil in place of removed clay.
Using a sub soiler to install a irrigation system. Once that is installed laying about 1000 sq ft of SOD.
This all completed by JUNE

Then repairing a wooden fence and using the 6" post hole digger and putting them deep enough for frost wont touch them. in the second part of SUMMER.

So as you can see my relaxing summer is already SHOT. Then again I'm going to be relaxing because I'm making the tractor do the work. NOT ME.

:greentractorride::greentractorride:

:bigthumb:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
I'm still in winter project mode. :nunu: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
I fixed last years "list" pretty easy. I just sold the darn house! :laugh:

In a week we get possession of our new house.

If I wrote out a list it would eat the sammich thread!

The "key" factor is what the wife puts on "the list".

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
You have a busy summer planned. You must be a young man. At my age and health i plan out ahead about two weeks. I have alot of things to do we will see what gets done. If i made a list like you and and itt did not get done my wife would raise hell. No list no a** chewing. Good Luck:good2:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Sounds very ambitious . Obviously you already know that if we don't see pics , it didn't happen !!! Keep us posted and have fun on your list .:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
6,037 Posts
Next spell of decent weather I need to refurbish the 5' deck for the 755 I bought last fall.

Restore the 4' deck & 4" front blade for PK.

Attend as many tractor shows as I can! :greentractorride:

·
Corndog Hater
11,774 Posts
Attend as many tractor shows as I can! :greentractorride:
That's the only list anybody needs!

I will need to use the 1026R for the normal tasks of mowing and brush hogging. I will also be rebuilding and possibly relocating a couple of our raised beds, definitely FEL work there. That's the immediate stuff that comes to mind

·
Registered
280 Posts
Outside of the standard tilling and putting in the garden, and the regular pasture mowings, I have one project for this spring.

Out in the pasture, we have a large pile of dirt. Not being able to mow over the top of it, it has become overgrown with weeds and small trees over the past couple years. I need to get a tooth bar of some sort for the loader bucket and dig the overgrowth off of the pile and get it back down to dirt.

In the meantime, it looks like there might be some snow removal in my near future (this weekend) here in middle Nebraska...

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am going to put a lean-to on my garage to help keep stuff out of the weather. Going to use the 1025 with the forks to help lift everything and take the stress out of having a helper. Also need to clean up my growing pile of yard debris, planning on turning it over again and adding it to one of the gardens. I have to dig out a base for my greenhouse to make it permanent, ummm....

Adam

·
Registered
180 Posts
Redo the beds around the house and maybe make an area for a fire pit in the back yard. We'll see where it goes from there.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'll use the 1025 to pull the lawn roller in the spring, and then it will cut grass. Relatively easy life I suppose. I've only used it to snowblow 3 times all winter.

Reactions: ky_shawn

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finished Spring / Summer Plans

Well here it is FINALLY finished, The Front Yard is completed plus the swing set installed in the back yard

IMG_1960.JPG
removing the Magnolia tree

front yard SOD.jpg
Front yard SOD installed and irrigation system installed ( FLAGS )

swing set.jpg
Swing set 11 ft tall 36 ft long. The top beam is a 8X8X16ft (2 QTY) lift with tractor with boom extension off a set of fork lifts. the "A" frames are 6X6X14 ft long, Barried 3 ft in the ground with post hole digger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts