Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a nice 4' X 8' open trailer over the Christmas week. Front, back, and sides are all removable in the event one might need just a flatbed type trailer for something or other, and it tilts back like a dump also. All tires are brand new, rims have minimal surface rust, not a problem.
Guy originally was asking $475.00, and I offered him $200.00. He wasn't eager to accept that offer and offered it for $450.00.
I could see where this conversation was going, so I told him my final offer was $300.00 take it or leave it. He took it, I paid him and hooked up to it and trailered it home.
Here's a pic of it how I bought it, I've already got a color scheme in my head, bought the paint, sketched-out the decals I want for it, and I actually started on some of it today, as the temps were in the low 50's and sunny with no wind.
I'll add pics as I go along for viewers pleasures.

Attachments

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Nice trailer and nice price. :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
8,056 Posts
Nice score! What's it doing in the Kitchen???

:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Very cool project Bill. Nice buy! I'll be watching as you make it pretty.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Good deal! :thumbup1gif: I too will be watching the transformation!

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,320 Posts
Nice, sturdy trailer.
Is it going to be use for on, or off-road use?
Am I wrong in thinking it will be a John Deere scheme?

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I picked up a nice 4' X 8' open trailer over the Christmas week. Front, back, and sides are all removable in the event one might need just a flatbed type trailer for something or other, and it tilts back like a dump also. All tires are brand new, rims have minimal surface rust, not a problem.
Guy originally was asking $475.00, and I offered him $200.00. He wasn't eager to accept that offer and offered it for $450.00.
I could see where this conversation was going, so I told him my final offer was $300.00 take it or leave it. He took it, I paid him and hooked up to it and trailered it home.
Here's a pic of it how I bought it, I've already got a color scheme in my head, bought the paint, sketched-out the decals I want for it, and I actually started on some of it today, as the temps were in the low 50's and sunny with no wind.
Looks a lot like mine that I bought at Farm and Fleet. Sides come off, ends come off. Front and rear gates are load bearing on mine. I can actually move the hitch to forward hole and have a trailer that is 4.5' wide and 12' long.

Good luck with your project.

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
I dunno. Does that thing even have any scratches on it? It looks pretty good as it is. I think I'd throw some fenders on it just to block stuff from splashing up and call it done. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Part of my shop was built with a dedicated kitchen space when I designed it.
It's a lot less messy to hold a party / get-together out there instead of tracking a mess in the house.
Between the shop / kitchen area out there, and the 12' X 20' "setting room" attached, (for the womenfolk to be able to relax more together), I can entertain 30 friends more comfortably. No smoking in the setting room, as a lot of those who show up might have young children or grand-children, and, it gives those who don't smoke cigarettes or pipes a clean area to relax without smoke being blown on them.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice, sturdy trailer.
Is it going to be use for on, or off-road use?
Am I wrong in thinking it will be a John Deere scheme?
It'll be just for around the property mostly. Tossing pruned tree branches / limbs into, picking up dead limbs that might fall around the property perimeter, loading and moving other building materials that might present themselves, etc...
BINGO !!!! You are 100% correct on the JD color-scheme. Are there any other beautiful colors out there, lol. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dunno. Does that thing even have any scratches on it? It looks pretty good as it is. I think I'd throw some fenders on it just to block stuff from splashing up and call it done. :laugh:
No real scratches, I just don't care for an "all black" trailer.
It came with fenders, I've already removed them for blasting, priming, and "pretty paint". :lol:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Dayum.
That's a sweet garage set up.

·
Registered
12,338 Posts

I 2nd that ?:hide: jim bill, as I read on I found my answer!! I wonder if 4-wheeler could pull it loaded ok. for that price theirs no looking back :yahoo:

·
Registered
357 Posts
$300 How do you sleep at night? :laugh:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's a preview of how the tires and rims will look.
It took me 3 days and 4 coats of JD Yellow paint to look like I wanted it to.
Notice, the lug-nuts are "color-coordinated" also. :thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
jd trailer

Here's a preview of how the tires and rims will look.
It took me 3 days and 4 coats of JD Yellow paint to look like I wanted it to.
Notice, the lug-nuts are "color-coordinated" also. :thumbup1gif:
bill; that's looking good ,was their a pu bed toolbox on the front in the pic., or did u just have that sitting on tl, boy if that came with your trailer u really got a good deal. was I seeing right? big jim

1 - 20 of 52 Posts