Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put in a sprinkler system and what implement did you use. I think i can pull pipe underground but what would work best. thx

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I've used a ripper claw and a trenching bucket, both from Bxpanded. For small drip lines, the ripper claw may be all you need. If the soil is really hard, either one will pull up more soil than you want. But they get the job done. I've seen attachments on Amazon that you can hook to a sub-soiler to pull line through the soil if you have nice soil.

The trenching bucket is just a little more narrow than my 8 inch bucket on the backhoe, but it makes a cleaner trench and empties better.

I bury my lines at 10 inches. I don't want to be hitting them with my aerator and sometimes when you level everything out you lose a few inches in some places. I also don't typically blow my lines out until Thanksgiving so having them deeper offers them some protection during the fall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I used my backhoe, because it's what I had. I was in the process of completely redoing the entire yard so I didn't care about over-digging. There are certainly better ways to do it, pickaxe and shovel are not one of them...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts