Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm restoring an old JD square baler 224T. I've got almost everything to work except some tying problem. I've posted a youtube slomo video, where you can see how the knot is tied. Can anyone who knows what the problem is help me solve it?

Here is the link to video:

John Deere 224T tying problem - YouTube

Thanks in advance!

Oskars

·
Registered
322 Posts
It looks like the knife needs to be adjusted closer to the bill hook so it will push the knot off.

·
Registered
750 Posts
new to forum and you probably have this problem fixed already........but your issue is with the tucker finger adjustments ....since they are not shown in the video cant tell for sure the issue but either they are not picking the twine and moving it or they are out of adjustment........they should pick up the second string of twine that enters the video with the needle and move it further to tward the rear of the baler at a similar angle to the first twine so the second twine does not get grabed by the bill hook when it opens ...the billhook should grab both pieces of twine further into the rotation cycle ... if this doesnt help you it may help someone else down the road ....good luck..

if you got the problem already fixed ....please post your fix

·
Registered
322 Posts
new to forum and you probably have this problem fixed already........but your issue is with the tucker finger adjustments ....since they are not shown in the video cant tell for sure the issue but either they are not picking the twine and moving it or they are out of adjustment........they should pick up the second string of twine that enters the video with the needle and move it further to tward the rear of the baler at a similar angle to the first twine so the second twine does not get grabed by the bill hook when it opens ...the billhook should grab both pieces of twine further into the rotation cycle ..
Good catch. I was trying to see what was happening and it was going by too fast. I paused in the right spot tonight and saw that only one twine was being grabbed by the bill hook. Looks like something else going on (or not going on) as well as the twine seems to break.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts