Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you all are starting to piece together I cannot leave anything alone. I KNOW I can always make it better. Well, this time it is my SS2036B spreader.

Let's start at the beginning. First up, it is not quick hitch compatible. Needless to say it did take me a couple of times to get this right. What I did was made custom lower pins that just slide on. This solved the problems of too small and too short. Then I added some clamp collars to control the side to side position.

Spreader Pin.JPG Spreader Mounted Pin.JPG

Then I cut of the upper mount (the second time).

Spreader_Mod-3.JPG

these are the short ones that cut off to make the longer ones. The short was just too short for mounting. Once mounted they worked fine but, just need more clearance.

Spreader_Mod-4.JPG Spreader_Mod-6.JPG Spreader_Mod-8.JPG

Forgot to mention it was a tight fit, but it all worked.

Anyway you get the idea. Let's start there first. I have more to come on the custom made spreader disc that throws the contents (plastic one didn't last) and a remote control gate arrangement.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Well done sir!

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here is the impeller fix. The original was plastic and as you can see not repairable. So rather than just buy another plastic impeller I made a new one out of aluminum. Sorry, already had the new one mounted before I realized I hadn't taken a picture. These will have to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Had to Google "SS2036B Spreader" - didn't know if it was a spreader for lime, manure, fertilizer, or what......now I see what you are working on!

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Had to Google "SS2036B Spreader" - didn't know if it was a spreader for lime, manure, fertilizer, or what......now I see what you are working on!
Sorry, it is a Frontier model. Here is an overall shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Sorry, it is a Frontier model. Here is an overall shot.
Thanks Randy - was curious if it was a plastic or metal hopper. Curious as to what your uses are for it. I would love to have one for spreading anti-skid on my driveway but don't have any means to keep the anti-skid itself from freezing.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Randy - was curious if it was a plastic or metal hopper. Curious as to what your uses are for it. I would love to have one for spreading anti-skid on my driveway but don't have any means to keep the anti-skid itself from freezing.
I have used it for lime and fertilizer.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Good work! You done good. :thumbup1gif: You also got me thinkin' about some changes to a couple of my attachments that aren't QH compatible!

AKfish

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
Nice work!

:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After making it quick hitch compatible, it now sits back another 3 to 4 inches and I was finding that I was really disliking the awkward reach for the control handle. I decided this was not going to do and after further research I discovered that Frontier offered a remote control unit with a control cable as an option. It was obvious that what they had and hadn't designed and provided for this option was a far cry from satisfactory. After some engineering and manufacturing here is what I came up with. The hand control is mounted by tightening just one bolt. It will also fit on either the 2305 or the 2520. The mounting blocks are powder coated aluminum. And after trying it out, I must say, I hit another homerun. Here are the pictures of this mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Wow Randy - that's beautiful work! I like how you made the block to easily remove the remote control handle.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice work Randy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts