Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to switch out my JDQA carriers for SSQA carriers on my 460 loader (on a JD4510). I do not want to use a JDQA to SSQA adapter.

My research keeps bringing me back to part #BW15244, but that part does not list the 460 as a compatible loader. It says it fits 320R, H165, 440R, and H180 loaders.

Will BW15244 carriers fit my 460 loader? If not, is there another part number I should be looking at?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
22,659 Posts
As I remember, JD did not offer an SSQA carrier for the 460 loader, so I think you charting new ground here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I remember, JD did not offer an SSQA carrier for the 460 loader, so I think you charting new ground here.
Charting new ground (and paying for it) appears to be the story of my life. What do you suggest I try? Do you think the BW15244 would be close enough that it could be successfully "adapted" to fit the 460 loader? Or do you suggest another solution?

I just can't bring myself to add a SSQA adapter on the front of a JDQA with all of the extra weight, slop, and pushing everything forward another 5 or more inches.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Look around. Try Wr long makes them per spec. Might have to go through a distributor like everythingattachments.com or the like but it can be done!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I made one from a ssqa adaptor. I think titan attachments has the front half. I just cut the pin hole bracket off my bucket and welded it on. I has to cut the brackets off anyway to fit an ssqa plate on flat to the bucket. I had it posted on tractor by net years ago I think, doubt I have pics anymore. Still working as my uncle bought tractor from us.

·
Administrator
22,659 Posts
I would visit a dealer on Sunday morning and take some detailed measurements of a 320R loader, or maybe someone close to has a 300CX/H160/320R that you can measure up.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Making one wasn't the easiest. If I could have bought one for 1000 it would have been worth it.

Edit--- Here's a video of what they are, pretty basic but they (WR long) may have the specs for said loader already in their system, who knows.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Making one wasn't the easiest. If I could have bought one for 1000 it would have been worth it.

Edit--- Here's a video of what they are, pretty basic but they (WR long) may have the specs for said loader already in their system, who knows.

Well that ought to save me a bunch of time and cursing. Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Now, there's an idea! Thanks..
430 and 300cx are compatible. I put 300cx cast steel JDQA holders on my 430. Both the cast and weldment 460 JDQA holders have the same p/n as my 430. I had to make a new timing rod and pivot pins to work with the 300cx holders. The 300cx holder has both of the timing rod pins on the inboard side of the holders. The originsl 430/460 holders had the pins inboard on the right, and outboard on the left. Hence the need for the new timing rod. It looks like the 300cx SSQA may work if you swap the timing rod. If your 460 is pre s/n 28400 you will also need some linkage parts, as the early models had the links welded to the holders. I went with the 300cs links for cost and availability. I have a lathe and mill, so i made my own pins and rod as a cost savings. Also need to narrow the eye on the end of the cylinder rod a little bit if you go with the 300cx cast links.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
430 and 300cx are compatible. I put 300cx cast steel JDQA holders on my 430. Both the cast and weldment 460 JDQA holders have the same p/n as my 430. I had to make a new timing rod and pivot pins to work with the 300cx holders. The 300cx holder has both of the timing rod pins on the inboard side of the holders. The originsl 430/460 holders had the pins inboard on the right, and outboard on the left. Hence the need for the new timing rod. It looks like the 300cx SSQA may work if you swap the timing rod. If your 460 is pre s/n 28400 you will also need some linkage parts, as the early models had the links welded to the holders. I went with the 300cs links for cost and availability. I have a lathe and mill, so i made my own pins and rod as a cost savings. Also need to narrow the eye on the end of the cylinder rod a little bit if you go with the 300cx cast links.

Thanks jthibodeau89, I do have the cast steel JDQA carriers, but making new rods and pins as you describe is probably beyond me. I have the skills and equipment to do basic cutting and welding. Attempting anything beyond that, I would likely do more harm than good.

·
Registered
191 Posts
EDIT: After looking at the late model 460 loader with cast holders and the BW15244 kit, i am pretty sure it will work. The 460 cast holders have the timing rod pins inboard on both sides, just like the 300cx.

Beware that the 300cx pivot points get greased through the pins, so you may need to add a zerk to the SSQA holder for the mid links. Check the placement of the zerk on your original cast holders.

My 430 loader had the weldment type holders, and i wanted the cast steel type, thus my need for making the pins. My timing rod was also well worn. The decision to go with 300cx vs late model 430/460 holders was purely financial. I found the 300cx holders for $100 each including shipping.

Did you price the BW15244 kit? I'm curious.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
EDIT: After looking at the late model 460 loader with cast holders and the BW15244 kit, i am pretty sure it will work. The 460 cast holders have the timing rod pins inboard on both sides, just like the 300cx.

Beware that the 300cx pivot points get greased through the pins, so you may need to add a zerk to the SSQA holder for the mid links. Check the placement of the zerk on your original cast holders.

My 430 loader had the weldment type holders, and i wanted the cast steel type, thus my need for making the pins. My timing rod was also well worn. The decision to go with 300cx vs late model 430/460 holders was purely financial. I found the 300cx holders for $100 each including shipping.

Did you price the BW15244 kit? I'm curious.

They are right about $750.00. Kind of pricey, but may be worth it if it saves me a couple days of frustrating fabrication with no guarantees of success.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Charting new ground (and paying for it) appears to be the story of my life. What do you suggest I try? Do you think the BW15244 would be close enough that it could be successfully "adapted" to fit the 460 loader? Or do you suggest another solution?

I just can't bring myself to add a SSQA adapter on the front of a JDQA with all of the extra weight, slop, and pushing everything forward another 5 or more inches.
I have a adaptor for my 460 loader ....it also works on my larger 563 loader.....also have a adaptor for my gehl skid loader......personally I have found the adaptors to work great....personally I dislike the now standardized ssqa system itself ...the jdqa and gehl qa proprietary systems both work better in my opinion...so the adaptors just add flexibility if needed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.