Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday night I ordered the grapple to go on my Artillian frame. :good2::kidw_truck_smiley:

One thing I noticed when I logged into Artillians site was a picture that kind of looked familiar. It turns out I (well my tractor) has "made it to the cover of the Rolling Stone"! The picture for the link to the SSQA frame is one that I posted of my tractor with the new set of SSQA pallet forks that I got from Chris. :bigthumb:

Yesterday I ordered the third function diverter for the loader.

Now I am just in a holding pattern, pacing back and forth waiting for my new toys to arrive. :laugh:

:munch:

Maybe I could use the down time to shine up the old girl just incase another photo op comes around. :lolol:

·
Administrator
17,980 Posts
Congrats on ordering the grapple, it will change the way you work :thumbup1gif:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Sunday night I ordered the grapple to go on my Artillian frame. :good2::kidw_truck_smiley:

One thing I noticed when I logged into Artillians site was a picture that kind of looked familiar. It turns out I (well my tractor) has "made it to the cover of the Rolling Stone"! The picture for the link to the SSQA frame is one that I posted of my tractor with the new set of SSQA pallet forks that I got from Chris. :bigthumb:

Now I am just in a holding pattern, pacing back and forth waiting for my new toys to arrive. :laugh:

Maybe I could use the down time to shine up the old girl just incase another photo op comes around. :lolol:
Anytime we can get pictures of our stuff on a garage queen, we're all over it! :lol:

But seriously, we're still digging out of a heavy backlog of orders. It's hard to get more than a few grapple orders shipped per day because most of them include many other things that slow everything else down. Anyway, it won't be too much longer, certainly before next winter. :laugh: :hide:

:bigbeer:

·
Registered
12,321 Posts

HA! the waiting around sounds like when a guys first born is arriving. ahh--I'm happy for ya, but damn envious at the same time:lovetongue:. and to top it off, as chris say's ur garage queen,:laugh: she has managed to make the cover:yahoo: ya for her and u. i'll be waiting for the news when it shows up. ok!:laugh: :munch:

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:good2:
But (there is always a but), Are you calling this a picture of your tractor? Just askin!

View attachment 163257
Well it is the one that I make the payments on.....

And it is on the land that I make the mortgage payments on......

And it is the one that my new grapple will be going on.....

So YES it is my tractor!

Congrats on ordering the grapple, it will change the way you PLAY :thumbup1gif:
:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Congrats. Can't wait to see the pictures.

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anytime we can get pictures of our stuff on a garage queen, we're all over it! :lol:

:lolol:

But seriously, we're still digging out of a heavy backlog of orders. That is a good problem to have. It's hard to get more than a few grapple orders shipped per day because most of them include many other things that slow everything else down. Anyway, it won't be too much longer, certainly before next winter. :laugh: :hide:

Well I hear that it is still snowing up there......:hide:

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's Here!

:yahoo:

20160418_141315.jpg

20160418_141627.jpg

Packaged like it was fragile..... Excellent work, right down to how it is shipped. :thumbup1gif:

20160418_143651.jpg

Unpackaged and ready for the final trip home

20160418_144004.jpg

In "Transit". I think I have carried more tractor stuff in my work van that work parts...:lol:

I picked up my 3rd function kit today at lunch.

The grass needs mowed, but it isn't supposed to rain until Wednesday.....:kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
403 Posts
That sure is a clean grapple! Mine looks like it has been through a war with lots of battle scars. But considering the extreme things I do with the grapple it is to be expected.

You're going to love this thing. I have had mine a year and am still amazed at capabilities of this equipment.

Have fun and keep your load low!

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And another lucky dog. :thumbup1gif:

View attachment 167129 rtgt, I'm holding out to be jealous until it's on the tractor.
You can start to be jealous...:lolol:

I got it on the tractor and bolted the rakes to the grapple.

When I finished my chores I started installing the 3rd Function Kit. With a little luck it will be operational tonight!

20160418_164957.jpg

One of my wife's favorite "movies" is Tremors. She said that it reminded her of the movie and has nick named it a "Graboid"! :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
You can start to be jealous...:lolol:

I got it on the tractor and bolted the rakes to the grapple.

When I finished my chores I started installing the 3rd Function Kit. With a little luck it will be operational tonight!
On it! Thanks for the heads-up. :lol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Now that is just a beautiful sight! Congrats on the grapple.

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1- They don't appear bolted together in the photo (maybe done later?)
2- Why do you want to? Just curious.
1- You are correct. I took the photo right after I put them on the frame. Later I bolted them together.

2- I figured that they would be "stronger" if I attached them together. :dunno::unknown: I kind of figured that is why you put those nice 1/2 holes there.

2A- I am the king of overkill......one of the reasons that I bought your grapple to begin with.
If a 2x4 is strong enough, a 4x4 is better....:lol:
Why use a .22 when you have a 300WSM......:lolol:

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All I have left is to hook the control valve up to the hydraulic circuit and wire the control buttons.

I also want to re-route the lines from the valve body. Not really liking where the instructions had me put them and I have come up with a better path.

I might just get this thing powered up tonight...:munch:

I had a lot of fun putting this together last night. First rodeo here, so I am enjoying the journey.

The Landpride 3rd Function Kit that I purchased is not a "diverter", it is a 3rd function. It is not tied into the curl circuit, it is a separate valve that is powered from the power beyond ports. At first I thought it was a diverter....nope. Not that I am coordinated enough to do so, and not sure the tractor has the hydraulics to power it all, but in theory I could lift, curl, and clamp all at the same time. :lol:

20160420_023420.jpg

20160420_023459.jpg

20160420_023535.jpg

I am not sure about the new controller on the joystick. It moves my hand up about 2 -3 inches. I have a couple options here.... 1) I could cut the joystick to lower the control knob position, or 2) I am considering "upgrading" to a T handle with a momentary on - off - momentary on switch. I am really liking option 2. I think it would look better and be more comfortable.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
View attachment 167409

I am not sure about the new controller on the joystick. It moves my hand up about 2 -3 inches. I have a couple options here.... 1) I could cut the joystick to lower the control knob position, or 2) I am considering "upgrading" to a T handle with a momentary on - off - momentary on switch. I am really liking option 2. I think it would look better and be more comfortable.
I don't like that much either but I'm still jealous. Looking good:thumbup1gif:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
1- You are correct. I took the photo right after I put them on the frame. Later I bolted them together.

2- I figured that they would be "stronger" if I attached them together. :dunno::unknown: I kind of figured that is why you put those nice 1/2 holes there.

2A- I am the king of overkill......one of the reasons that I bought your grapple to begin with.
If a 2x4 is strong enough, a 4x4 is better....:lol:
Why use a .22 when you have a 300WSM......:lolol:
Hola,

Those holes can be used to bolt them together, but then you'll want to plan on sliding the pallet fork frame out of the grapple sections to separate them. That's fine if it's your preference. As far as needing to bolt the sections together, that is hardly the case. There's no need to bolt them together.

At this point, those holes are slated to be used for a fence/barricade add-on for those who want enhanced material containment. As soon as we can get the project hammered out, they'll be available.

The holes can also be used to bolt on "bucket sides" for improved usability use as a rock bucket. The material for those came in yesterday so they'll be coming along soon.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
The Landpride 3rd Function Kit that I purchased is not a "diverter", it is a 3rd function. It is not tied into the curl circuit, it is a separate valve that is powered from the power beyond ports. At first I thought it was a diverter....nope. Not that I am coordinated enough to do so, and not sure the tractor has the hydraulics to power it all, but in theory I could lift, curl, and clamp all at the same time. :lol:
You won't likely need to be too concerned with having enough flow for moving the clamp while curling. But it will be nice to be able to continuously apply pressure to the load while curling. With the diverter, the workaround is to keep tapping the diverter button while curling to keep gripping the load as it comes up. It works just as well, maybe even better because the jittering helps to settle the load into the bed as it rotates. Anyway, you'll be in great shape with that 3F.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts