Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had both my grapple & hay spear forks fall off my loader. I see the arms flex independently & since the SSQA are separate pieces on the end of the arms, then they can flex to the point that the locking mechanism will get in some sort of a bind & then pop open allowing the attachment to become unlooked.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

I am getting to the point that I don't trust the mount. The dealer swapped out the mount for me, and I am curious if they did something wrong installing or if I have a faulty unit or if they are just designed poorly.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The FEL arms depend on the attachment for rigidity. Consider how far away the FEL cross bar is from the ends of the arm. I suggest you look at both the attachment between and the SSQA ends. Check the SSQA is solid when mounted.

Remember SSQA is NOT standard though they look similar. There are several differences between manufacturers.

Example: SAE J2513 and ISO 24410:2005 Which has been superseded by ISO 24410:2020

Point is : There several SSQA depending on age and manufacturer.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Like hosspuller mentioned not all SSQA attachment plates that are found on attachments are made the same there’s some tolerances in measurements thats allowed for the SSQA. You will probably have shim your top lips of your grapple and bale spear with some then flat steel welded on the underside of the top lips. If you attach your bale spear and grapple check the gap on the lower plates where your locking pins fit into. Weight of the attachment sitting on the under side the top lip. What’s happening is the gap is to big causing the locking pins to pop out the the lower plates on your attachments making them fall off.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The locking wedge is spring loaded to a point, like said sounds like there is too much play in the fit. Never had an implement fall off. Cheap attachments?

·
Registered
119 Posts
not sure if you are using an adaptor to SSQA or an actual set of mounts on the loader arms . Either way there should not be any flexing once the latches are engaged , as previously mentioned .
On my loader 440R also ,I have the adaptor from JDQA to SSQA (HLA made) and have not had an issued was using it today with a blade pushing and piling snow and did not notice any flexing as you describe ,was looking for it as I read your post before I went out today

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I am in the market for a JDQA to SSQA recommendations from those whom own/used one please. I do need the better or heavy duty version. Please zdvise as to manufacturer and source.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,227 Posts
I am in the market for a JDQA to SSQA recommendations from those whom own/used one please. I do need the better or heavy duty version. Please zdvise as to manufacturer and source.
Deere (Frontier) sells one.

·
Administrator
22,931 Posts
You can get a OEM JD kit to convert some loaders, but we don't know what equipment you have.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the OEM replacement SSQA carriage on my loader. The JDQA carriage has been removed. They are 2 separate plates on the ends of the loader arms with a small rod between them.

On my KUBOTA, which does not have this issues, the SSQA is a solid plate, which is why I’m thinking it is an issue with the loader & not an implement.

I was looking to see if there are others that have the SSQA carriage—not an adapter plate—are having the issue or not, as if they are not having the issue, then it must be the way mine got installed or a fault with a part.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have the OEM replacement SSQA carriage on my loader. The JDQA carriage has been removed. They are 2 separate plates on the ends of the loader arms with a small rod between them.

On my KUBOTA, which does not have this issues, the SSQA is a solid plate, which is why I’m thinking it is an issue with the loader & not an implement.

I was looking to see if there are others that have the SSQA carriage—not an adapter plate—are having the issue or not, as if they are not having the issue, then it must be the way mine got installed or a fault with a part.

I have the jd ssqa carrier on my 2020 4052r. No issues. The rod does nothing but sync the arms, once attached the implement is the rigid member.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the jd ssqa carrier on my 2020 4052r. No issues. The rod does nothing but sync the arms, once attached the implement is the rigid member.
Thanks. Hopefully just something wrong with the way the dealer installed it or with the specific unit. I am really hoping that it is not a design flaw, as I want to keep SSQA attachments.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
You can get the kit like linked/shown above your post.
Not what I am looking for. Those are the individual SSQA mounting plates. I want the assembly that mounts to the JDQA plates as a unit and provides a complete SSQA attachment assembly. Titan and HLA (apparently) make one -- maybe Frontier-- not sure-- on that.
This "system " would allow the JDQA plates to remain installed and attach the SSQA adapter.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,227 Posts
Not what I am looking for. Those are the individual SSQA mounting plates. I want the assembly that mounts to the JDQA plates as a unit and provides a complete SSQA attachment assembly. Titan and HLA (apparently) make one -- maybe Frontier-- not sure-- on that.
This "system " would allow the JDQA plates to remain installed and attach the SSQA adapter.
Search this doc for "Loader Carrier Adapters"

·
Registered
286 Posts
MDS MFG. has an adapter plate.
Rectangle Wood Font Machine Gas

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine is the HLA and rated for 3500 # I think ,its rated way more than my 4052R is capable of handling .
Ok my HLA does not compare to that adapter ,,that MDS is in a different class !

·
Registered
5,304 Posts

I have the SSQA on my 400cx loader. I’ve had the machine for almost 10 years and over 1500 hours. I use a bucket, pallet forks, bale spear, and root grapple. I have had the grapple pop off 1 side a couple of times. At the time I attributed it to a stick coming up and hitting a lever, but never actually saw it. I really don’t see how it would come off unless a lever came unlatched. I thought about cutting a piece of pipe to slide over both handles, but figured 2 times in 10 years isn’t worth the effort. Overall I’m happy with the loader, and like being able to use the spear and pallet forks on my skidloader. On the skidloader (JD 320D), the carrier is 1 piece and very rigid. I know also many manufacturers have a solid link on the tractor loaders. Not really sure why JD makes their tractor loaders where the 2 sides float independently. My dealer says they weld them solid on occasion for customers. I wouldn’t do that since the JD design seems to be fine once you’re used to it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.