Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, version 2 worked, but there was about 5 degrees of curl, max, on the bucket. This was not going to work, so I tried one more time. Ran out of welding gas c25. Got a spool of .035 fluxcore and fabbed a 30 degree curl built in.

Tested it on a bucket of gravel. Then put the forks on and unloaded the 72 in king Kutter tiller from the truck.
I could not figure out the best settings to weld with fluxcore. Saw a video after I finished, apparently I need a longer stickout than with gas.

Registered
Can't tell what's going on from pix......but unless your sure of yourself and the welder settings always do a test weld on some scrap before welding on a machine

Edit to add a picture of mine showing angles at close to full curl ...the geometry of the loader makes the curl more as you raise the loader (obviously as you add curl angle you loose dump angle)....just something to look at and consider hope it helps sir........i would also note that the factory angles are such that at full height at full curl you can dump materials out the back of the bucket on yourself...if it would be helpful to you i would be happy to measure from the bottom pin to the back of the bucket frame so you would know the factory angle ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The big reason I added 30 degrees of curl is that the bucket I have has a straight back - I think it is from a skid steer or something. and if I tried to scoop a pile of whatever, at ground level max curl gave me only a few degrees of curl.
So with the bucket I have I had to do something to get more curl. I also could have made the triangles any angle, and maybe 15 or some other number smaller than 30 would be better. Maybe I'll have problems dumping the bucket into a dump truck - but for the attachments I have - pallet forks, grapple, and bucket - I don't think the 30 will be a problem.
Only way I see it being a problem is if I am putting a pallet high on a shelf and I cannot get it level at that height.

before adding the 30 degrees, it could curl down the bucket like 120 degrees which I thought excessive.

I considered the pallet forks and grapple somewhat, but I didn't see that curl change affecting them much. I probably should have looked at all the stock angles that the stock bucket is supposed to get, and picking X degrees to make my frankenstein bucket match stock.

In an ideal world I should have added the 30 degrees only to the SSQA plate on the bucket, then other attachments would not get a curl change. But that would have involved a lot more grinding as I already welded the plate to the bucket.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And, yes, knowing the factory angle would be helpful. my bucket is such that I am in no danger of dumping the bucket back on myself at full lift and curl. (pretty sure anyways).

Reactions: ttazzman

Registered
The big reason I added 30 degrees of curl is that the bucket I have has a straight back - I think it is from a skid steer or something. and if I tried to scoop a pile of whatever, at ground level max curl gave me only a few degrees of curl.
So with the bucket I have I had to do something to get more curl. I also could have made the triangles any angle, and maybe 15 or some other number smaller than 30 would be better. Maybe I'll have problems dumping the bucket into a dump truck - but for the attachments I have - pallet forks, grapple, and bucket - I don't think the 30 will be a problem.
Only way I see it being a problem is if I am putting a pallet high on a shelf and I cannot get it level at that height.

before adding the 30 degrees, it could curl down the bucket like 120 degrees which I thought excessive.

I considered the pallet forks and grapple somewhat, but I didn't see that curl change affecting them much. I probably should have looked at all the stock angles that the stock bucket is supposed to get, and picking X degrees to make my frankenstein bucket match stock.

In an ideal world I should have added the 30 degrees only to the SSQA plate on the bucket, then other attachments would not get a curl change. But that would have involved a lot more grinding as I already welded the plate to the bucket.
i agree do what works best for you and your ussage 100%........if you need some measurements at some point will be happy to obtain them from my loader for you for this or a future issue if needed.....fyi ...the picture i dug outa the archives and posted obviously shows JDQA.....but i also use a SSQA adaptor and buckets....the loader bracket angles and bucket angles are the same

Edit: just saw your next post.....i will get you some angle info from mine for your archives when i get a chance

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The picture you dug out is what my loader looked like when it left the factory.

I cannot seem to find the 410,420,430,460 loader manual online - I believe it has all the angles and measurements. It seems like I have been able to find operaters manuals for free online - I found the 48 backhoe operaters manual earlier.
Don't spend a lot of time searching, cause I have that info in the operators manual sitting at home.

Reactions: ttazzman

Registered
The picture you dug out is what my loader looked like when it left the factory.

I cannot seem to find the 410,420,430,460 loader manual online - I believe it has all the angles and measurements. It seems like I have been able to find operaters manuals for free online - I found the 48 backhoe operaters manual earlier.
Don't spend a lot of time searching, cause I have that info in the operators manual sitting at home.
I have the hardcopy for the loader I will take a look at it this evening

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found the 460 loader operators manual online, it doesn't give an angle, but you can see in the pictures that the angle on the bucket is about 30 degrees, so I think I am fine. maybe a manual for the bucket would say...

Registered

Registered
Try here for the online manual with specs for the 460 fel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts