Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have 4300 has any one ever installed stack kit and do you have pictures of final result or instalation
there are no molded lines under my hood as talked about on the 4310
will take a lot of courage to cut the proper 4 inch hole in my hood

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Gus, I am a little confused, you PM'd me about a stack for a 4310, now you say a 4300...Which machine do you have?

Below is a picture (FOr a 4300) from JDParts, and the key. It looks like the 4300 does not go through the hood but rather out the side. I also did not see a "kit" number so it may not be available anymore that way.

MUFFLER
Cart
KEY
PART NO.
PART NAME
QTY
SERIAL NO.
REMARKS
AM125460
MUFFLER
AM31268
CLAMP
M133180
EXHAUST PIPE
AM115838
SCREEN
SPARK ARRESTER
LVU10982
PIPE
EXHAUST, VERTICAL
19M7866
SCREW
M8 X 20
LVU11421
SUPPORT
VERTICAL EXHAUST
14M7298
FLANGE NUT
M8
14M7298
FLANGE NUT
M8
LVU11550
U-BOLT
LONG (NOT SHOWN)

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Further investigation of my sources found these two pictures. One is of the whole setup and one is a picture from the installation book showing where to cut the hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More information on stack

Further investigation of my sources found these two pictures. One is of the whole setup and one is a picture from the installation book showing where to cut the hood.
talked to deere this after noon find I hope a complete PDF of instructions for mounting yes it comes out the side

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
I'll show my ignorance here but what's the advantage to doing this?

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I'll show my ignorance here but what's the advantage to doing this?
Some guys prefer the looks, others don't like soot on the loader frame and bucket, others do it to prevent possible grass fires in drought conditions, others claim a low exhaust causes fumes to waft up into their face, and some do it for all or some of the above reasons.

Personally I like mine low; but I reserve the right to be fickle and change my mind. However; my 4200 is 10-years old and it still has the low mounted exhaust.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Maybe someone could start a new thread about high vs low exhaust. Those are always good for lots of strong opinions both ways. Randy was looking for ideas for more participation. That issue always brings people out.:yahoo:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Maybe someone could start a new thread about high vs low exhaust. Those are always good for lots of strong opinions both ways.
Don't be shy, we allow anyone to start a thread. :laugh:

Randy was looking for ideas for more participation.
You actually read my dribble?:mocking:

Keep up the good work, you guys are making a name for us. :good2:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chrome the stack

Don't be shy, we allow anyone to start a thread. :laugh:

You actually read my dribble?:mocking:

Keep up the good work, you guys are making a name for us. :good2:
my brother feels I need to get the stack chromed saying "I don't want no stinking black"
have asked a plating comp. for cost

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
[HR][/HR]
my brother feels I need to get the stack chromed saying "I don't want no stinking black"
have asked a plating comp. for cost
If I may, I would not suggest chrome.

My uncle put a stack off a semi on our 1586 to save some money. It was hell to look past on a sunny day. If the sun was behind you it was blinding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Although I prefer the vertical stack too (which I had on my previous two Deeres), I'm not likely to modify my 4400.
Other then the very "MANLY" look of the vertical stack, it does catch low hanging branches...then they really swing into your face!

BTW, if you do go for this modification, use masking tape on the area to be trimmed (both inside and out) to reduce any tearing of the plastic. That'll also reduce the burrs from the saw.

·
Registered
17 Posts
high or low exhaust?

Maybe someone could start a new thread about high vs low exhaust. Those are always good for lots of strong opinions both ways. Randy was looking for ideas for more participation. That issue always brings people out.:yahoo:
hi,, my 4210 currently has the low exhaust, and it hasnt rained in Texas for so long, that the dust is stirred up by the exhaust hitting the dirt. Dust is not good for engines or air filters, so I am sure thinking that the high kit would be a good thing, if only for keeping the dust at a minimum. That's my 2 cents worth:)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Is there a kit for the 2520? I cant seem to find it in JDParts....so I'm thinking maybe not. But then again, I've missed stuff before.

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Is there a kit for the 2520? I cant seem to find it in JDParts....so I'm thinking maybe not. But then again, I've missed stuff before.
I don't believe there is...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Install vertical stack 4300

pffttt..I'm thinking titanium ,buddy.
things finally came together
I got vertical stack kit
got stack chrome
did instal

1. laid out hole to be cut