Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new indestructible measuring tool for diesel fuel additive, Roundup, Weed B Gon..................

$4.99, Bed Bath & Beyond 1 and 2 oz.

2748812959613p.png

·
Registered
616 Posts
Gizmo, I beg you to please not use round-up or weed-b-gone or any of the other commercial weed killers. They contain neonicotinoids that are killing honey bees. There is a simple and much cheaper organic alternative you can make up using vinegar and soap that will do just as good a job without harming the bees.

here is one article of hundreds that talks about the problem.

I hate to sound like a tree hugger, but we do keep honeybees and it's been an uphill struggle over the past decade.

Thanks for your consideration on this!
Randy

·
Registered
967 Posts
Gizmo, I beg you to please not use round-up or weed-b-gone or any of the other commercial weed killers. They contain neonicotinoids that are killing honey bees. There is a simple and much cheaper organic alternative you can make up using vinegar and soap that will do just as good a job without harming the bees.

here is one article of hundreds that talks about the problem.

I hate to sound like a tree hugger, but we do keep honeybees and it's been an uphill struggle over the past decade.

Thanks for your consideration on this!

Randy
If you don't want to sound like a tree huger then I don't want to sound like an alcohol abuser..... This could possibly get contaminated (?) and be used for actual alcoholic measurements for human consumption.

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
My new indestructible measuring tool for diesel fuel additive, Roundup, Weed B Gon..................

$4.99, Bed Bath & Beyond 1 and 2 oz.

View attachment 34359
I have to get one of them. I am tired of using an empty Startron bottle. Great idea.
I might even keep a little Jack Daniels in the garage.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
HOW ARE YOU GOING TO MEASURE YOUR WHISKEY?????

Think about this man, you're making a terrible mistake. Measure your 2-4-d the way the rest of us do - one gulug, two gulugs, three gulugs......

-J.

·
Registered
11,882 Posts

Think about this man, you're making a terrible mistake. Measure your 2-4-d the way the rest of us do - one gulug, two gulugs, three gulugs......

-J.
That is the way to measure bourbon: by the gulug.:laugh:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think everybody is actually overlooking the real problem here or maybe just over thinking the obvious. What in the heck were you doing at a bed bath and beyond?

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I think everybody is actually overlooking the real problem here or maybe just over thinking the obvious. What in the heck were you doing at a bed bath and beyond?
hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you were gonna bring the bees up again........

-J.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
This is the first time I've heard of round up, etc. hurting the bees. I use it all the time around our creek bed,fence line,flowerbeds(saves having to weed them). Thanks for the heads up.

I have to admit....I've been in Bed Bath and Beyond too......but I wore my camoflauge :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
This is the first time I've heard of round up, etc. hurting the bees. I use it all the time around our creek bed,fence line,flowerbeds(saves having to weed them). Thanks for the heads up.

I have to admit....I've been in Bed Bath and Beyond too......but I wore my camoflauge :laugh:
What kind of camo? A shower curtain? Maybe a doilee? A nice plush throw?

-J.

ps - how do you spell doy-lee???

·
Registered
357 Posts
g.i.z.m.o. :lol: Finally a manly quote by somebody with Texas in there location.j/k:flag_of_truce:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

-J.
Don't need to measure whiskey, I'm a real man.............drink it straight up. (yeah right)
Don't need to measure mixed drinks, they are either good or better.:lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whoops, so much for the "real man" comment I made. :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

Same here with the Roundup and bees, never heard about it until now.

I wore sunglasses and a hat when I went into Bed Bath & Beyond. One of the store clerks came up to me and asked if my name was JohnDeereYooper. Go Figure! :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
22,647 Posts
I've been using this for many years:

Don't remember where or when I got it, but can safely say it didn't come from a bed or bath store.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've been using this for many years:

Don't remember where or when I got it, but can safely say it didn't come from a bed or bath store.
I saw one just like it in BB&B last night. I keep dropping those and they don't like to be dropped, especially on concrete.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts