At this stage...no. Looking good. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
14,099 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The back drag setup is phase 2... I should have thought ahead and had the rubber cutting edge before the steel was rolled so I could of had he holes punched. I am thinking of removing the angle on the side skirts and replacing them with a "box" type support system. The angle will work but the look pings my OCD...

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
The back drag setup is phase 2... I should have thought ahead and had the rubber cutting edge before the steel was rolled so I could of had he holes punched. I am thinking of removing the angle on the side skirts and replacing them with a "box" type support system. The angle will work but the look pings my OCD...
I have thought about building one,,, the ones I have seen have VERY wide runners,,, like 4",, :dunno:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,042 Posts
Never saw a snow pusher with a moldboard back like you have designed. Good Idea. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Looks great to me. Do the shallower boxed braces offer as much support as your first version with the longer arms? I agree the look is better. How are you going to attach, direct to loader or bucket mount?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great to me. Do the shallower boxed braces offer as much support as your first version with the longer arms? I agree the look is better. How are you going to attach, direct to loader or bucket mount?
The box suppotrs actually provide more support for the sides. They distribute the support across most of the height instead of just in the center. A plus is the boxes wont build up with snow and ice like the angle would have. I was amazed how stiff eveything got when they were done. As for the pockets in the boxes are to allow the plow rubber cutting edge to hide. I did make a mistake there, I didnt allow for the rubber height and it only cost me several hours of work to fix my mistake...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The next step is to make the JDQA for the back of the pusher. If Plowrubber.com would ever send me the rubber cutting edge I ordered 3 weeks ago I could at least use it if there were a snow...

·
Registered
592 Posts
The next step is to make the JDQA for the back of the pusher. If Plowrubber.com would ever send me the rubber cutting edge I ordered 3 weeks ago I could at least use it if there were a snow...
I bought a set of JDQA brackets from Artillian and was pleased with them. I figured they were worth the time they saved me laying everything out and making them myself from scratch. I don't know if they offer them with the bigger loader spacing now that I have an H240, but it would be nice if they did. They fit my 200CX perfectly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought a set of JDQA brackets from Artillian and was pleased with them. I figured they were worth the time they saved me laying everything out and making them myself from scratch. I don't know if they offer them with the bigger loader spacing now that I have an H240, but it would be nice if they did. They fit my 200CX perfectly.
Well i have the top supports made... just alot of heat and a little luck to roll the radius, Then a trip to TS for the parts to make the lower pins... Not too bad, i did it once all ready for the forks I made so it gets easier every time i do it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unless You folks see any changes, I think its ready for paint... Any ideas on paint colors?

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,263 Posts
Nice work :thumbup1gif:

·
Corndog Hater
11,254 Posts
Wow, what a great job you've done. My vote is for JD green

·
Registered
4,049 Posts