Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well got started this morning cutting up a big downed maple. Put the edge tamers on the FEL and blazed a trail to the work site. Then cleared the work area to remove all debris and tripping Hazzard's. Next to get the forks on and safety cage and get down to business. Should be a good bit of firewood.

More to come...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Looks like a great project, I love harvesting wood with a tractor. I have some downed brush and small logs to sort and cut for firewood in the house and burn pile in the yard, but things are so wet here I would stomp out a mudhole where I worked and certainly cut ruts with the Deere.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a great project, I love harvesting wood with a tractor. I have some downed brush and small logs to sort and cut for firewood in the house and burn pile in the yard, but things are so wet here I would stomp out a mudhole where I worked and certainly cut ruts with the Deere.
Hey Jeff, what is saving my bacon is the ground is still frozen so I can run the equipment all over will out damaging anything. Best thing I ever did was get a set of forks, makes moving log length, bigger rounds to be split and brush so much easier.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
That looks like a lot of work, but I find it rewarding and not really a grueling job. Enjoy.:bigthumb:

So I noticed that something took a couple of bites out of your FEL bucket, what's up with that? :dunno: Is it an interesting story?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That looks like a lot of work, but I find it rewarding and not really a grueling job. Enjoy.:bigthumb:

So I noticed that something took a couple of bites out of your FEL bucket, what's up with that? :dunno: Is it an interesting story?
Hi Tom bought the machine used was like that am guessing previous owner did not baby it like I do. I feel the same way any time I can get my toys out and play it's not really work �� But it is the 2nd biggest tree I have tacked. Last fall I cut up a 90' hickory that came down at my buddies house. Still working on carting it to my wood pile

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tree Project part 2

Went out behind the barn to get the safety cage on the forks and well it was not there. Talked with the boys and they took it to a job site and forgot to tell me. No problem, took some scrap stuff from the "leftover's" pile and came up with something that will work. Why the ladder, no one came over to help so climbed the ladder to get into the "cage" Did make fairly good progress, would have gotten more done if I didn't have to cobble something together to get going .. oh well got to use more tools, all good ... gotta love having kids .. :gizmo::banghead::good2:

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have the same project in mind. I have lot's of old downed trees on my property. I want to cut them up and stack em but it is very wet where they are. So, I'll just have to wait a while. Problem is I need them for the outdoor fireplace. Maybe I can just get the ones that are close.

Definitely don't want to be sharing any pictures of me getting the 1025R stuck in the mud.:greentractorride:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the same project in mind. I have lot's of old downed trees on my property. I want to cut them up and stack em but it is very wet where they are. So, I'll just have to wait a while. Problem is I need them for the outdoor fireplace. Maybe I can just get the ones that are close.

Definitely don't want to be sharing any pictures of me getting the 1025R stuck in the mud.:greentractorride:
Oh go for it, bet she will push right through the mud and after things dry out you can play more with the Deere filling and fixing the ruts .. its all about the seat time LOL.:bigthumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts