Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So finally hooked up the king kutter Xb for my 1025r ran like a dream. Made fine soil from a hay field. Doing my research I’m told that I should form long elevated rows for
My vegetable garden. Am I asking for trouble not doing this? Would a disc Harrow be the tool to achieve this? Does anyone just plant in the fresh tilled soil? Learning as I go So Appreciate any and all advice!!!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I made raised rows using 2 big discs on a "tool bar". You can get a tool bar online with what is called a keulavator (google it; think it's agrisupply). That site is where I got the big discs, too. Made 20 rows in a 75 ft wide, all 50 ft long. With the 4010's turning brakes, I could get to the end of one row, hit the right brake and swing it around to do the other row. Originally, I made raised rows with a Gravely rotary plow but was not able to get the full 20 rows in because of uneven spacing from the rotary plow vs. this rig.
View attachment 784967
[/QUOTE
That’s awesome can yiu send anymore pictures

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.