Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,080 Posts
Your neutral switch could either be getting flakey or out of adjustment.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,674 Posts
Some time it won't turn over I have to move the shift lever back and forth am I in for a big repair?
Big Repair? Not likely, could very well simply be a loose wire connection on that safety switch for the neutral position. Often, when the tractors are used for clearing brush or limbs, one gets up under the tractor and causes some havoc.

Specifically, here in the parts illustration, its number 19 and low on the rear housing. Being low and unprotected, often the plug to the switch is partially knocked loose or it gets dirty, etc. Often, it becomes disconnected enough the machine won't start at all. So, climb under there and check this. Make sure its plugged in fully, the contacts are clean and the wires aren't damaged. Chances are this will solve your problem. Even if the switch turns out to be bad, its not expensive to replace at $41.61 plus taxes and labor, if you have to pay someone else.........

Font Rectangle Parallel Circle Screenshot

·
Premium Member
19,868 Posts
When it won't start,, does the Hr meter , RPM section on your dash show a code or message ,,

something like SHF to Neturl

If so Neutral switch is going bad. and will need to be replaced

Reactions: stevenk

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Relax, no need for a big repair. It's simply an electrical problem with the neutral sensing circuit. As noted above, check the neutral switch and it's connector. If everything looks good, you can check the switch with a meter to prove whether it's bad or not.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Relax, no need for a big repair. It's simply an electrical problem with the neutral sensing circuit. As noted above, check the neutral switch and it's connector. If everything looks good, you can check the switch with a meter to prove whether it's bad or not.
Mine just needed the NSS replaced as noted above. Even changed the feel switching from high to low gear. You would think it would be set up so that the switch was pointing down to be washed out... nope pointed straight up like a catch bin to catch any particles available.

john Deere 1025R
loader
backhoe
47 in tiller
47 blower
5ft landscape rake
10 KW pto generator
Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.