Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 1025R last October, was able to use the mower a bit before winter set in. It had a rattle I couldn't figure out, dealer serviced it and said there was a missing bushing on the mounts. I tried it once I got it home and it was quiet and operated well. I took it off for the winter and just put it back on this weekend. I made it about five minutes of mowing and it really started making noise, shut it down and was taking it to our shop when I realized I was dragging the center blade, the shaft and blade came completely out of the housing.

I picked up the mower deck and scooped up the parts on the ground, drove to the shop and removed the deck. I found all of the parts, but the pulley ground out the center hole and chewed up the splines on the shaft. Obviously the pulley was not torqued down correct and the thing self destructed.

Hate to say it, but I am not sure this deck was worth the expense. Off to the dealer tomorrow to try and get them to fix this under warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
First I have heard of this type of problem. Good luck and keep us informed.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I'd be insisting (demanding) upon a new deck. I'm sure it chewed the opening in the deck up as well as ground the paint off. Even if you could re-mount the spindle in the deck, the paint damage will quickly turn to rust and overtime, the deck will rust through. It'll be trouble than it's worth to replace the deck housing.

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, good news on this one. Took my pile of parts in and the dealership has ordered an entire new assembly and will put it back together and check everything out on Wednesday under warranty.

Very happy with the treatment so far and hope I all comes together as planned, heck they are throwing in a new blade too!

Here are a couple photos of the damaged parts.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts