Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
It's crazy to me how hard people had to work back in those days. I couldn't imagine clearing for a field using all that heavy hardware. Good grief.
Very cool to see. Never saw that type of stump puller before.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Both of my grandads use to talk about farming with those draught horses. They said those horses would get excited about going to work in the morning when they were rigging them up. They both really loved working with them as neither could afford a tractor at the time. They weren't Amish just poor Nebraska farmers.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
First time I’ve seen that. Amazing. Just amazing how they did things back then and how long it took to get things done.

·
Registered
12,681 Posts
Oscar--i too loved watching that video several yrs ago. never gets old watching it. i also had found a fella up around the north east area who posted videos of using ropes and ahh-thinking of the word i want to say:banghead: pulleys---and going between trees several times, and then back to his small ford tractor--i figure it was about the size of the 1 series. he just idled them stumps right out. quite amazing i thought. course he used all that fancy math into the equation, things that back in my yrs of school i had no desire to learn. all i was interested in was to run heavy equipment like several of my uncles did then.:laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts