Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about all of you in the path of yesterday's storms, especially in Louisiana and Florida. Hoping all in the future path stay safe. Double check on outdoor critters and secure anything that could injure them where you can. We're just seeing it begin to start here and its powerful, for sure.

·
Premium Member
14,713 Posts
That's for sure , several members in the south are in the path of this storm.

We have a friend living near Emerald Isle ,NC and was calling for a tornado warning.

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
Our area is expecting 6" to 8" of heavy snow. Wife's work closed early. I made a trip to town and filled Old Yeller with fuel. Got lucky, I passed two stations that had raised their price to $1.79/9 and got it for $ 1.58/9. I usually get caught by the price increases, but not this time :yahoo:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Rain and wind to the south and snow and wind here.... I'm waiting to see what we actually get out of it-predictions have varied from 3" to more than 9". I wish I have a cushy TV job where I could predict and be wrong about things 50% of the time and still get paid the same for it :mocking:

·
Registered
11,883 Posts
Had a hell of a storm (hard rain, lightning, thunder and wind) pass through here starting around 1830. Rain has slowed now but still thunder and lightning. I believe it is heading east.

Batten down the hatches, Gizmo.:hide: It's coming your way.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
phwew
Wind howled here until sometime after 11 pm. I finally fell asleep.
Hopefully i can get out my driveway this morning. There has to be a lot of tree damage in the area.
Surprisingly, we never lost power. Amazing.

·
Super Moderator
8,042 Posts
The weather came through here late last night. Winds, heavy rain followed by thunderstorms through the night. It was very bad between 3-3:30 AM then subsided. I'm going to walk the property at first light to check for down trees and branches. Who knows, maybe mother nature took care of that big dead tree I've been planning on taking down. Just listening to the weather and the forecaster mentioned that the winds were ~ 60 MPH with gusts measured as high as 82 MPH during the night. More winds in the ~ 50 MPH range predicted during the day today. Ms. SGS just reported back that her early train into Boston is held up due to signal problems and debris blocking the tracks. The news is showing lots of storm related damage and power outages.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
Had a hell of a storm (hard rain, lightning, thunder and wind) pass through here starting around 1830. Rain has slowed now but still thunder and lightning. I believe it is heading east.

Batten down the hatches, Gizmo.:hide: It's coming your way.
Just saw your post, call me next time. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
I'm with Frank on this one for sure, we are not that far apart in mileage as the crow flies.. Started around my parts at 1am with the winds, lightning and thunder.. It got over around 3:30am with the lightning and the winds subsided quite a bit.. Power went out around 2am and I still do not have phones. Automatic generator kicked in but we were in bed so I had to get up, go out in that crap and shut off the circuit breaker and shut the generator down. (why run it for nothing and waste propane). Juice came back on about 45 minutes later. Tree limbs everywhere and one giant pine into a house down the road. All night I was thinking about all the trees around the house I never got around to have taken down.. Well, as soon as I can get our tree guy out there they are all coming down,, the last thing I need is for a 85 foot oak tree to land on our roof above the bed and spear me to the mattress! I have no idea how much rain we received but it rained so hard for so long we must have received copious amounts! I didn't have time to check the weather stations this morning, I have other issues here at work I needed to tend too.. Rebooting the servers checking for leaks or water in the boiler rooms etc. because we all lost power last night. Hope everyone is good.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Not fun here last night. Winds were horrible. Limbs down all over the property but thankfully all our big trees are still standing. Luckily, the horses all weathered it just fine though they looked a bit sleepy-eyed this morning. It's always an awful decision with tornado watch going on...put them in the barn and they could get trapped...leave them out and who knows what could happen. I usually decide the old man is better with protecting his herd than the barn is. So far, so good. He's a smart old horse!

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,251 Posts
Joe, that's a mess.
What model number Junttan is that?

I worked for a company that had a couple SOILMEC units with drill-shaft attachments. Nice machines.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Hammered

I'll have to say that Virginia got hammered out of the storms. We have at least 4 dead, although none right in my area. I think there were four or maybe five tornadoes that touched down. The closest one to use wasn't that close but with an EF3, I don't want to be any closer. One community with 20 some houses destroyed, local hospital ER full but fortunately no deaths there.

Our prayers are with those who lost loved ones and for those who must now rebuild homes and lives.:angel:

Treefarmer

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Joe, that's a mess.
What model number Junttan is that?

I worked for a company that had a couple SOILMEC units with drill-shaft attachments. Nice machines.
That's a PM-25.
American Pile & Foundation have two onsite now. There were three early on.
In the right conditions they put down a lot of pile in a day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts