Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got what I though was a great deal on pb1001. Gave the guy $300 and he said all he did was make one pass with it to see if it worked on his tractor. It’s missing the parking stand but I can fabricate one for it. I plan to use if for fall garden plowing behind my 1025r.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Got what I though was a great deal on pb1001. Gave the guy $300 and he said all he did was make one pass with it to see if it worked on his tractor. It’s missing the parking stand but I can fabricate one for it. I plan to use if for fall garden plowing behind my 1025r.

not a bad price at all. back in 06 when i bought my 2520-the dealer had the jd version sitting on his showroom floor--i looked at it for the next couple yrs--it's price tag then was for $499. but it was I-match compatible oh:munch:i gave $150 for my Brinkley plow used--and it's not i-match compatible yet........:munch:eek:r painted--so yeah u done alright-IMO.:good2:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not a bad price at all. back in 06 when i bought my 2520-the dealer had the jd version sitting on his showroom floor--i looked at it for the next couple yrs--it's price tag then was for $499. but it was I-match compatible oh:munch:i gave $150 for my Brinkley plow used--and it's not i-match compatible yet........:munch:eek:r painted--so yeah u done alright-IMO.:good2:
I was disappointed to see that this one and its bigger brother are not imatch compatible. They may not be able to since the link arms need to be independent to adjust to level in the furrow.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I was disappointed to see that this one and its bigger brother are not imatch compatible. They may not be able to since the link arms need to be independent to adjust to level in the furrow.

Likely not compatible because if it were on the I-match, you wouldnt be able to adjust the side to side offset and get it set up properly.
And as you said, the lower pins are generally offset as well to allow a flat bottom furrow when plowing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Likely not compatible because if it were on the I-match, you wouldnt be able to adjust the side to side offset and get it set up properly.
And as you said, the lower pins are generally offset as well to allow a flat bottom furrow when plowing.
Not a deal breaker to me though. Leave imatch hooked on the heavy hitch cart and pull three pins. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you get that from a guy in Chillicothe? I was talking to a guy selling one similar a few weeks back.

Actually this guy was from Boonville. It’s funny that you mention chillicothe as that’s where I purchased my tractor. Where are you from?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Do you have a weight rack with a receiver that fits your Imatch?

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller
Land Pride FDR 1660
Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
Victory EF155 flail mower

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller
Land Pride FDR 1660
Yes. I ordered one from heavy hitch. Holds 8 suitcase weights and has two receiver hitches. One horizontal and one vertical for storage. I made a cart with wheels for mine that slides into receiver but he sells those as well.

·
Registered
11,769 Posts

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller
Land Pride FDR 1660
no-not a weight rack-i have a weight box-and when we welded it up-forgot all about sticking a receiver in the back side:banghead:

now what i did buy then--was a frontier i-match compatible receiver hitch. i have used that to move my trailers around and i like it. also had in my mind to be able to add a sleeve hitch to it-and use my old brinkley plow i got for my wheel horse back in 79, and the cultivators in the spring of 80. i think it would be so neat to run them behind the 2520 then. that's my intention at this time:laugh::munch: when it might happen:dunno:no idea:lol:

·
Administrator
17,325 Posts
Guess I’m not quite sure how to attach a video.

You can't, you have to upload to a service like you-tube or vimeo and the paste the link here. Forums do not host videos like we do pictures.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Got to try it out tonight and the photo credits go to the wife.

When you're done with that plot, are you plowing under that big field of beans next? THAT might take a while. :laugh:

Seriously though, that little plow looks like it's doing a nice job for you. And, be sure to take your photographer out for dinner. Not only does she take good pictures.... she let you get that tractor! :good2:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When you're done with that plot, are you plowing under that big field of beans next? THAT might take a while. :laugh:

Seriously though, that little plow looks like it's doing a nice job for you. And, be sure to take your photographer out for dinner. Not only does she take good pictures.... she let you get that tractor! :good2:
I was a little surprised how good it did. My family farms about 5,000 acres and I’m no stranger to tractors. A few years ago me and my grandpa resurrected a sand plow to use in the river bottom to mix the sand layer with the good black dirt. It has close to 30” shear and plowed about 3’ deep. I’ll snap some pictures of it to post on here. It sits in his front yard with the farm sign on it lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does anyone know what the going rate is for custom garden plowing? Wasn’t real sure how to go about setting a price, whether hourly or square footage was the way to go.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Does anyone know what the going rate is for custom garden plowing? Wasn’t real sure how to go about setting a price, whether hourly or square footage was the way to go.

Guessing it will vary by location.

I don't have a plow, but for tilling, I'm getting $40 for an existing garden (most of them are under 50x50 in the area) and $100 for breaking new ground.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts