Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
20,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy's shop is truly amazing. Very clean and usable. The equipment is pretty darn cool, especially since it's all in use. I would love to see this shop in person. :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
8,036 Posts
I've watched about a 1/2 dozen of his videos. Very interesting. Reminds me of visiting my Grandfather who was a machinist at a textile mill. They had electrified the plant by then but all of the ~100 year old equipment was still driven by overhead pulleys, jack shafts and flat leather belts. The textile equipment manufacturers were long gone. They actually had parts cast and then finished machined them or made parts from scratch to keep the equipment running.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Amazing isn't it!! And we think we are sooooo smart in today's world. All we have to do today is, continue to develop was has already been designed many years ago. These guys were the real innovators!!

·
Old Pa-pa
11,732 Posts
Great video, makes me really appreciate electricity and electric motors.
Back then you did a lot of work before you did the actual work.
Now, just flip the switch and get after it.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Very cool! :thumbup1gif:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,249 Posts
The old days. The GOOD old days. :bigthumb:

Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
14,702 Posts
Great video, doesn't matter if its a machine shop, saw mill, always love seeing the old machines running. Old water powered ,now diesel , grist mills all amazing to watch , sometimes just seeing all the belts to make one wheel turn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts