Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a steel, magnetic, engine oil drain plug, and found it in the strangest of places - the Walmart online catalog.
Size m16 X 1.5 with washer, slightly under 18 bucks including shipping. It's a good, quality piece, which can be tightened appropriately just like the original plug.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steel magnetic engine oil drain plug for 1025R

The ones posted are aluminum, He wanted steel.
Yep, steel. Why ? 1.) It's not good practice to mix aluminum with the steel oil pan @ electrolysis. 2.) An aluminum plug cannot be tightened sufficiently in my opinion to match the steel oil pan requirements of the 1025R. If you do, you will be stripping those aluminum threads in 1 or 2 uses.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was looking for a steel, magnetic, engine oil drain plug, and found it in the strangest of places - the Walmart online catalog.
Size m16 X 1.5 with washer, slightly under 18 bucks including shipping. It's a good, quality piece, which can be tightened appropriately just like the original plug.
Just looked for the steel magnetic drain plug on Walmart's site ... Could only find aluminum ones ... That's odd ... :dunno:

I will have to say Walmart has A LOT of useful and reasonably priced items you'd never dream of finding there ...
I just bought a starter for my 1952 8-N Ford tractor, and recently bought a set of weld on bucket teeth for the tooth bar I was building for my 1025 loader bucket from their web site. ...

G

·
Registered
349 Posts
The definition of the part below is from the Walmart invoice sent to me upon delivery;

BikeMaster 29-16Z15 Steel Magnetic Oil Drain Plug - 16mm x 1.5
$16.43
Ok ... Found it! Thanks for the info ... :bigthumb:

G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts