Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY 2305 s STEERING LOCKED IT WAS ONLY SLIGHTLY TURNED TO THR RIGHT WHEN IT LOCKED. I JUMPED THE GUN AND REPLACED THE STEERING PUMP . STEERING STILL LOCKED. PULLED LINES LOOSE FROM FRONT PISTON CAN MOVE WHEELS LEFT AND RIGHT. BEFORE I DID THIS I DID TRY TO BLEED IT BY ROCKING STEERING WHEEL LEFT TO RIGHT MULTIPLE TIMES. TRANSMISSION WORK CAN MOVE TRATOTOR FORWARD AND BACK . FRONT LOADER WORKS FINE THIS IS A LV2305H52349

·
Super Moderator
6,012 Posts
First off, please release your caps lock key.

Beyond that, there are a very limited number of items involved in the steering system. The Hydraulic pump feeds a control valve that is at the base of your steering column. The lines from that feed to steering cylinder.

Since the wheels will turn with the lines disconnected I'd assume your cylinder isn't frozen. You've already replaced your pump with no effect and everything else appears to be working and they all use the same pump so I'd assume your pump is fine.

That leaves the steering column and control valve (at the base on your steering column) as the likely culprits. Before you jump the gun again and just replace it, Id suggest disassembling the steering column to check if the problem is actually the valve itself or the column.

·
Registered
233 Posts
An introduction always nice too. Maybe there is someone near you that could help also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I miss told you. it was the steering valve I replaced. With the hydraulic lines off the piston the steering wheel turns freely.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome to GTT! Nice username, but once you fix your steering you'll have to ask a mod to change it to "Steering Unlocked" :)

How's your fluid level look? The steering likely works off of the implement pump and is separate from the charge pump that feeds the transmission. That being said, since your loader works then fluid level is probably acceptable.

Does your steering wheel move, and if so can you see the input shaft to the steering control valve moving?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been playing with it all evening and it now slams to the left when you touch the steering wheel. I loosen lines and reset wheels to center or even to the right and touch steering wheel front end turns to the left

·
Registered
241 Posts
Okay so that shows you have hydraulic pressure and flow and that the steering wheel moves the steering valve. Are you sure the lines were reconnected to the right ports?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I reset front end to straight steering wheel will move to right but once you move it steering turns left and wheel will not move I also for the heck of it reversedthe lines but it makes no difference front end does same goes left

·
Registered
241 Posts
Okay did you clean the valve and lines off before you disassembled everything and make sure it stayed clean until it was all back together? Even a small piece of debris can cause havoc with hydraulic system valves. It sounds like your steering valve is still malfunctioning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am considering checking o rings in front piston since revering the lines makes it do the same if the inter o ring is shot when it would work this way I think

·
Registered
241 Posts
If the cylinder was leaking internally I'd imagine you would have no steering as before, not a steering wheel that slams over hard to the stop. Maybe a hydraulic expert can jump in here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the lines on the steering vale are looking at valves left come from and go to a pump else where the outlets on the right are to the steering piston I cleaned everything well before I started and bagged the end while working also cleaning as i went to get any dirt I missed

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Have you ruled out the steering cylinder? That is what failed on mine. Mine tho would turn freely left or right and nothing would happen.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I’d almost think the inner plate fell off the steering ram. It can push the ram out, but it doesn’t pull it back in.

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
Could you have reversed the pump lines?
Sounds like the steering valve is the problem, but you say you replaced it and still have the problem.
I would rig hoses from my SCV to the steering cylinder. Then use the SCV to test the cylinder. If the problem goes away = steering valve. If the problem persists = steering cylinder.

Reactions: scooterman
1 - 16 of 16 Posts