Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My legs are not as strong as once were. I noticed the new 2032/2038 come with a step. Does anyone have any ideas on how to put a step on a 1025R? Would be much appreciated

·
Registered
524 Posts
I’m guessing you don’t have a deck under it. Not much to mount anything up. A lot of plastic. Where there is a will there is a way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
837 Posts
Go to Kennyd's website. He makes one just for the backhoe and everything he does is first class.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Here is mine. I mounted the step to a piece of aluminum channel then mounted the channel with the holes in the platform. I had to take it off during mowing season.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I was inspired by several talented guys on here that can weld and fabricate cool things. There are several different ways they came up with to build a step to get on their toys. There is a thread 2320 Step that shows one build.

I came up with this and it is built with pre-made aluminum and steel I found in Tractor Supply in the nuts and bolt section and the welding section. I changed the top bolt to a cotter pin bolt and cotter pin with a washer so I can take it on and off in a few min. I mow and then take the mower off because I use the FEL n BH more and the mower gets in the way..

Here is a pic of what I did. I'm not very good with these kind of things but it works for me. It's bolted to the frame.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,835 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Thanks to all for their ideas. Levi, is that a standard JD step? Would you know the JD part#? Thanks
That is Drifterbike's setup. I don't have a step on my 1026. But I do use the MMM as a step when it's on. I believe Gizmo has your info you want. :bigthumb:

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
129 Posts
It seems to me that the best approach would be to mount a hinged step to the top (not the bottom) of the foot deck. Then the step could be folded down and used to step up onto the tractor. When you were ready to mow, just fold the step up so it's out of the way. That way you could leave it mounted regardless of MMM use.

:dunno:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I have designed a bracket that attaches to the the bottom of the bracket that holds the floor board (on the right side). It has better support and you don't have to drill through the plastic deck. I have given this design to Terry at Heavy Hitch. Not for sure of the price nor the availability. It should be easy to remove the step when you install the mower deck and use that as a step. It attaches to the two bolt that hold the deck in place, all you have to do is replace those to bolts with longer ones and then install the bracket (the bolts do not have to be removed).

Regards,

Dale
20200107_155542.jpg
20200129_105937.jpg

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
my unit has backhoe...so I used a regular issue john deere steep....tucks under bolted to the backhoe rail and another bolt....works great......
DSCN4246.JPG

·
Registered
336 Posts
I made a step that clamps to the backhoe frame rail on my 1025 … solid as a rock.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I never step on my mmm unless it’s all the way on the ground

·
Registered
383 Posts
KBar is right, it doesn't take much to impact the side to side height adjustment. Not sure of the OP has a loader mount on his machine, but if he does, than Robnik's advice to look at Ken's for a step would be the simplest.

Dave

Reactions: Kbar and kylew

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
my step is a John Deere step and was able to install where the mower deck would not impact and I would not be stepping on the deck. I note some of the designs are great...but appears if you have your mower deck on they will impact. If you look at parts section of John Deere you will find steps....also I can't saw enough about Kenny's design as he obviously had to patter something intirely different than John Deere.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts