Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kind of a newbie here, and I have searched many a forum for answers. After coming up empty handed, I decided to do something about the stiff loader controls on my 3039R.
This has been a problem that was bugging me for some time. I had broken my arm 11 years ago, and it's never been the same. I have limited strength in my arm in the "dump" direction so I went on a mission this weekend to lengthen the lever. I had previously tried to lubricate the cables, but the fact remained that the lever was too short. I added about 9" to the lever. It looks a bit quirky (kinda like a modified shifter in some 18 wheelers I've seen), but the ease of operation has improved substantially. I can't say I was ever able to rest my forearm on the armrest when operating this before (too much force was always needed), but I am now able to feather the controls in all directions. I own a lot of construction equipment where pilot controls and shorter strokes are the norm, but for my purposes with this tractor, it was a welcome modification. I'll tie wrap the cable to the control after one more coat of paint.
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tire

Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Tire Couch

Registered
If it works for you that is all that counts.馃憤 god job on the modification.

Reactions: jdmich and shyoung1

Premium Member
just noticed there is a helicopter parked next to the tractor

super nice shop man!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: theduke

Registered

Registered
Nice modification, if you had the regular two-function lever it would look completely factory too. I wonder if you could snake the third function cable down the bore of the tube so it is nice and hidden?

The loader controls on my 5075E were pretty stiff when it was new. After a few months and about a hundred hours they have loosened up quite a bit. Ditto with the gear shift, it was a bit stiff too but loosened up as well. Maybe the cables and linkages have to "wear in" a bit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.