Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I’ve got a big tree job ahead of me and I’m considering expanding the fleet to a battery powered Stihl MSA 220 C-B (16” bar). This would put two chainsaws in service along with my Stihl MS 251. On my MS 251 I use an oregon power sharp system which lets me sharpen it quickly by running it in the sharpener that attaches to the end of the bar.

Anyone with first hand knowledge: does the MSA 220 C-B have Oregon Power Sharp bars/chains that will fit it so I can do this quick sharpen on this too?

In case anyone asking why electric... we all know the down sides of gassers, and I’m getting a Kombi electric power head to go with my other (gas) stihl kombi attachments, and my in laws are frequently at the second property and would actually do a fair amount of property maintenance if they didn’t have to screw around with fuels (where is it kept? Is this mixed gas etc) and choking and etc...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Part# 541655. Thats the whole kit for the .050 chain.

Reactions: Oscar Leroy

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I have last years MSA 200 and added the 16" bar to it. So far 0 issues with it.
I also have the combi, and added the backpack to hold the std batteries. The belt thing didn't really work for me. Backpack took care of that. I will say if your getting the poles saw, I did the combi pole saw and later added the stand alone pole saw, more reach faster and easier to just pop a battery in and go.
I have some others battery saws, but the only one I can really say was worth buying is the Stihl. The others I have just lock up, lack power just not really good for much more then a limb or two now and then. The Stihl really does a nice job and it can generally wear me out, before I can drain that battery. I have cut some massive brush piles with these battery stihl saws, extremely happy with them. I have been thinking of adding another one and was looking at the same one your are.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have last years MSA 200 and added the 16" bar to it. So far 0 issues with it.
Wow, that's interesting. I have the MSA200 with the 14" bar and would be interested in doing this. Is there something specific to last year's model that makes this viable? Or do you think it would work on slightly older MSA 200s? I am still a newbie when it comes to chain saws, sorry if this is a stupid question.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
My Deere dealer is also my Stihl dealer. Their parts guy was telling me about the 16" bar when I bought my stand alone pole saw from him. As far as I know you can upgrade any of the MSA 200 to a 16" bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts