Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished plowing for the second time today. The Curtis cab with the LED lights made plowing at night so easy. Having heat made for comfort without gloves. I actually turned off the JD tractor lights. The extra cab weight turn the 1025 into a little tank . I always feared using a plow blade, thinking , build the banks up then what. This thing just keep pushing. :good2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Just finished plowing for the second time today. The Curtis cab with the LED lights made plowing at night so easy. Having heat made for comfort without gloves. I actually turned off the JD tractor lights. The extra cab weight turn the 1025 into a little tank . I always feared using a plow blade, thinking , build the banks up then what. This thing just keep pushing. :good2:
Glad you are enjoying,, oh and using front blade you can build the banks higher than yours.

·
Premium Member
13,668 Posts
Very impressive you should post this in the SCUT thread

·
Premium Member
9,172 Posts
I see your temp gauge after enough tractor use to have it good and warmed up still is registering low, exactly the same temp gauge position as mine. I used to block off the side panel air vents on my other Yanmar in my 455 to build more engine heat in the winter, as it always seemed to run a little better with the engine temp more in the ranges on the gauge where it is during the summer months.

I haven't done that with this tractor and the heater throws out so much heat that I can only run it at about 65% of the heat maximum or it drives you right out of the cab. Even at 65%, the temp inside the cab is about 68 degrees, when it is single digits outside.

I have found it works best to run the blower motor on high all the time and regulate the temperature with the control valve regulating the hot water flow through the heater core. This keeps the windows from fogging at all............

The only time I have any issues with window fogging is when I get back in the cab after shoveling or doing something that has me warmed up and the extra heat and hot breath will fog the windows for a few minutes until the air flow gets the issue handled.

It is so much easier to plow at night with the lights. The visibility is much better and you can see other vehicles sooner because of their lights. I prefer to plow at night with the lights as the depth perception is much, much better and it's easier to see contours and changes in snow depth because of the shadows.

Here are some piles I stacked with my plow.......and I am just beginning to move them back with the loader.......Note the crazy neighbor on his roof shoveling in the back ground.

IMG_20180108_143851706_HDR.jpg

Other snow pile photos while plowing at night.....................these piles are about 5 feet high. I have been able to stack them as high as the cab roof. Actually, the limiting factor piling snow for me has been the 3 point carry all acting like a giant wheelie bar and holding the front end of the tractor down when the rear of the carry all hits the pavement when pushing into the big snow piles.

IMG_20180106_071355689.jpg IMG_20180106_071510101.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts