Green Tractor Talk banner

Still don’t own a Deere, but...

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  bfloyd4445 
#1 · (Edited)
Maybe soon.

If you don’t remember me from 2 years ago you can reference this thread: Decisions decisions: 2038r

In case you’re wondering; we chose the option where my wife got a new car and got pregnant. Therefore the Cub’s issues got bandages.

Now the Cub quit last week halfway through mowing. I towed it back to the garage and spent the next hour trying to get the wheel horse started. I then finish mowing which takes forever with a 42 inch deck and near turtle ground speed. I keep wondering why I spend time fighting with this crap instead of A: spending time with my family OR B: checking other items off my “to do” list.

I’m scheming to make it financially possible to buy a tractor. This will be my third attempt to make this happen. A 2032r seems like the best choice.

Questions:

Does anyone know how high it can pick stuff up with the loader? I’d like the ability to lift heavy items up to my garage loft. I guess I could build portable ramps to drive up on to gain a few inches if necessary.

Is there any reason I couldn’t tow it on my 4K lbs 5.5x9 trailer? I know the Deere site says it weighs 2500 lbs but that’s without loader and mower.

Backhoe? What’s the digging depth of those? I’m sure I have many uses for one, but renting a mini ex is rather reasonable.

What is the maximum cutting height of a Mid Mount 60 inch deck. Hoping to mow at least 3.5 inches.

Edit:

Also, if one was to go 2025, same questions as above and can those now be had with the radial tires? Those are really a must for me.

See less See more
#2 ·
I’m scheming to make it financially possible to buy a tractor. This will be my third attempt to make this happen. A 2032r seems like the best choice.

Questions:

Does anyone know how high it can pick stuff up with the loader? I’d like the ability to lift heavy items up to my garage loft. I guess I could build portable ramps to drive up on to gain a few inches if necessary.
The 220R loader mounted on either a 2032R or 2038R has a max lift height of 85" at the pivot point.

Is there any reason I couldn’t tow it on my 4K lbs 5.5x9 trailer? I know the Deere site says it weighs 2500 lbs but that’s without loader and mower.
Yes, there are reasons. A 2032R is 14.4' long for starters (and that's with no implements). Your trailer is about 5' short as a minimum.

Backhoe? What’s the digging depth of those?
7'

Reactions: mark02tj
#4 ·
Yes, there are reasons. A 2032R is 14.4' long for starters (and that's with no implements). Your trailer is about 5' short as a minimum.
It's actually just under 13 feet with the loader (just measured mine).

Without the loader, it's about 10.5 feet from the front to the tip of the three point arms, but the arms can hang over the trailer, as can the loader. Not the best solution (a pretty terrible one, actually), but it might be able to fit. But...I wouldn't do it.

#3 ·
These are the loader specs:
Maximum lift height (A)
2160 mm
85 in.
At full height - bucket level(B)
1999 mm
79 in.
At full height - bucket dumped (C)
1667 mm
66 in.

For getting stuff up into the loft, measurement B is the most relevant.

Assuming it would fit on a 9 foot trailer (I have a hard time picturing that), you should be fine with a 4K lbs weight capacity. If you load the tires you may be pushing it.

I don't have a back hoe or mower deck, but I do know that the command cut system is supposed to go up to 6".

Reactions: jdforever
#5 ·
I never would have thought it was the long. The wheelbase is only 5.6ft, you wouldn’t think there would be 5 feet more. I’m not 100% sure why I’d be trailering it, but you never know. Could always take 3pt arms off I guess. What’s the real world length of the 2025?

Reactions: jdforever
#6 · (Edited)
The 2025 is exactly 10’ from the tip of the loader bucket level on the ground to where the back tire contacts the ground.

The picture is in inches.

Attachments

#12 ·
It would be a lot of extra work but you could excavate the ground on both sides of the trench a foot or more deep and the width of the tractor prior to digging with the backhoe.

#13 ·
I looked at a 2032R. Nice machine, a lot more expensive. I went with the 2025R and with the savings of the machine itself I was able to get the backhoe and still stay within my budget. So far I am more than pleased with the 2025R, it is a workhorse.

Also, don't expect the 270 backhoe to be leaps and bounds better than the 260B on a 2025R. It digs a little deeper but spec wise they are pretty close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.