Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I got a call yesterday that left me with a sickened stomach. One of our customers in Maine is having to buy another set of forks because his were stolen. I wanted to put this up here to mention for those who live in the Northeast area and keep an eye on the used goods markets, if someone should happen to see a used set of Artillian forks appear in the area, please contact me (offline) so I can pass the information along to the customer in case they want to investigate. Heck, I'm putting a bounty on this degenerate myself!

It's a particularly biting scenario since our generous customer had lent his tractor and attachments to a less privileged family member so the theft happened while out of his possession and off of his property. Strangely, other things had been touched but the fork set was the only thing taken. So, I guess it could have been worse.

The thought of this makes me sick! :nunu:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
Thanks Chris, will do.

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
Nice of you to put the "be on the lookout" here.

But....to me one part bothers me - if you borrow something and it breaks you fix it. If you borrow something and it gets lost should you replace it?
Generally I'd agree but if you read again, he "lent his tractor and attachments to a less privileged family member".

How aggressively do you go after your son/brother/cousin to replace something like that that when they pretty much have nothing to begin with?

Hopefully they'll catch the culprit quickly. There are few things worse than thieves.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
See, see, I told you we need a stolen property board!:nunu:

Will do, Chris. I will keep an eye out.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Chris, you're looking at this wrong. You make such a great product that somebody would risk all sorts of trouble and bodily harm to steal it...

:D

Actually I hate thieves too, hope they get caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Chris,

Are your forks engineered to string someone up by??

not by the neck, just the ankles......to give them some time to think on their sins.

-J.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hate hearing things like this. As stated, not much worse than a thief.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Your going to have to start engraving in a serial number into each set you sell.
Then that would add to the cost of the forks as there would be specialized equipment involved to sequentially number the forks and a registration and database at Artillian to manage.

Then who would keep track of the serial numbers? In many states, there isn't a database to file those numbers for non titled vehicles unless there is a Lien and then the numbers can be filed with the State under a U.C.C. Lien. No Lien, no database.

Often items stolen like that are stolen for scrap sales, where the serial number wouldn't likely help because they would be ground into turnings after the scrap yards get ahold of them. Most thieves are opportunity thieves and not practical application thieves. They are trying to turn them into cash as soon as possible. After all, it's the Heroin or other illicit substances which they are truly after and the forks are worth whatever they can be converted in to cash. It's unlikely whoever stole them did so to use them as the great product they truly are.

It's increasingly frustrating how the "good" citizens constantly have to incur additional costs and inconveniences because of the scum, thug element of society.......

:banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Your going to have to start engraving in a serial number into each set you sell.
Ya, I'd prefer mine to remain unserial'd - it'll make it harder for the SOB's to remember what forks they hung from for 24hrs.

-J.

·
Registered
892 Posts
The better tool to use would be the bucket. That way you can bury the evidence.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I just don't get it. :nunu:

Thanks for the BOLO! I'll be checking craigslist and Uncle Henry's.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi all,

I got a call yesterday that left me with a sickened stomach. One of our customers in Maine is having to buy another set of forks because his were stolen. I wanted to put this up here to mention for those who live in the Northeast area and keep an eye on the used goods markets, if someone should happen to see a used set of Artillian forks appear in the area, please contact me (offline) so I can pass the information along to the customer in case they want to investigate. Heck, I'm putting a bounty on this degenerate myself!

It's a particularly biting scenario since our generous customer had lent his tractor and attachments to a less privileged family member so the theft happened while out of his possession and off of his property. Strangely, other things had been touched but the fork set was the only thing taken. So, I guess it could have been worse.

The thought of this makes me sick! :nunu:
What loader style and fork size are we actually looking for because I see a few for sale on craigslist around maine.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Chris I do think you need a serial number on your forks or any Idem you sell. That's just me. I mark every attachment I have.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
The better tool to use would be the bucket. That way you can bury the evidence.

Tee hee....!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts