Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
John Deere x595, 2005
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Please help me pick the right loader for my x595. I have to decide by tomorrow.

1. MX C1 - made by a French company, seems to be doing good stuff. I need to go through a dealer to get it - and they proved to be very unknowing of this model. I expect it to cost around €3,5k and there might be a shipping cost.
2. Stoll 150L - made by a German company, with great use in Europe from what I can see. I found this one, and I can get it home for €2.7k

Both are NSL, pin buckets, both come with the quick on-off type of connection to the tractor.
The MX is curved, so it matches much better the lines of the tractor, and it seems to be a bit more compact (the bucket closer to the tractor in the float position - but not sure, from the documentation it seems to have the same dump reach).
The Stoll seems to be a much sturdier build (especially at the point of connection to the bucket - the MX only has some relatively thin sheet metal on the lower arm).
Another difference is in weight (Stoll weighs 385lbs arms + bucket and MX 300lbs). From what I know the original 45 loader weighs 515 altogether. So I'd say Stoll is pretty close.

Here are some pics with both of them on a 1026R.
The MX of CHQ16290
Land vehicle Vehicle Lawn Tractor Mower
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Lawn
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Outdoor power equipment

The Stoll is from an ad (and is an MSL, the one I found is NSL):

Vehicle Outdoor power equipment Lawn mower Riding mower Tractor
Vehicle Tractor Outdoor power equipment Wheel Automotive wheel system

And on a Kubota and TYM (NSL version)

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor All-terrain vehicle Agricultural machinery
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Grass
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Transport
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Tree

I have a transporter that can go pick the Stoll up on Monday. I told him to go, but then I started analyzing them again line by line and I'm not sure if it's the right choice.
What do you guys make of it? Stoll is cheaper (because it's a stock item), I can have it next week (but not that big of an advantage), it's a stronger build, BUT...it's heavier, might have the bucket further away from the tractor, and the dump angle is only 29 degrees. Also, MX claims 4in digging capability, while Stoll just 2in.

Am I overthinking it?

·
Registered
John Deere x595, 2005
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the specs for both of them:

Text Font Line Design Document
Text Font

·
Registered
315 Posts
They both look really nice, but, is the MX 800 euro better. That’s a fair bit of money. I’d use the money saved and buy pallet forks.

·
Registered
John Deere x595, 2005
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They both look really nice, but, is the MX 800 euro better. That’s a fair bit of money. I’d use the money saved and buy pallet forks.
Thank you for your input @c40-8w! Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well...I could get a Euro QA and make the support brackets for the x595 with that money. But then again, it's a long term investment, so what I want to make sure is that it'll do the job properly. I'm mostly thinking about the weight and geometry as reasons to question the Stoll. But then again, I wouldn't want to compromise on durability for them if they are not issues.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I guess it mostly depends on what you will use it for. If it’s mostly dirt work you probably won’t exceed the capacity of either. If it’s mostly rock the one with the higher capacity might be better. Hard to beat German quality however.

·
Registered
John Deere x595, 2005
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It'll mostly be dirt. I don't have rocks on the property, but I intend to do a lot of grading and filling for the lawn. Also, I have a gravel driveway that will need refreshing with a box blade and covered with new stone where the loader will definitely help.

What I am thinking about when considering payload is that I'll probably need to use the loader for a barn to house conversion that I have in mind, and would like to make sure I can unload things by myself from a truck. Not thinking about a pallet of concrete (that's probably way over), but a new washing machine, fridge, fireplace, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
John Deere x595, 2005
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep yep. That was the reasoning for the Euro QA. To be able to quicky switch between the bucket and the pallet forks

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well whatever one you decide on let us know how it works out. Like I say it doesn’t look like either option is bad.

·
Registered
John Deere x595, 2005
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sooo, I got the Stoll. It’s now on it’s way home. I need to order the valves and everything to mount it.

Thank you all for your feedback and help

Vehicle
Wood Furniture Table Hardwood Plywood

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Let us know how you like it :)

·
Registered
John Deere x595, 2005
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well...it got home. The bucket traveled in the back of a Passat...fun stuff :D

It looks quite solid, I really like how it seems to be built. I hope I can make the support brackets without much trouble...that iron is thiiiiiick.

I am happy to report the seller included a Kubota "Base Control" kit (you can see it in the Kubota picture in post #1)...which includes a joystick and an SCV for the hydraulics. This makes me very happy (albeit I would have liked to have an electric button on the joystick). This brings the price difference from purchasing directly to €3380 (50%). I would say it's a pretty damn good deal. It feels like getting a premium piece for a medium price :)

I didn't take any more pictures as it was late at night and I was pissed because the water in my van was frozen and the engine got boiled. More to come tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I just noticed this discussion. I had been busy lately and haven't been on very much.

That is interesting on the joystick control. It looks like it is a cable type control to move the SCVs. There is a post I will try and look for that might give you some ideas on how to incorporate this. There is a guy in a different forum so the link will be to there, where he added a joystick control to one of our machines or of the slightly newer X7xx. He gave up his cup holder to mount the joystick there. It likely a different joystick but might be similar enough. I considered doing this but think a bigger machine makes more sense in my case.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
It was easier to find than I though it would be. The first modification was on a X595 so the same machine you have. I couldn't remember what it was done on. There was a second discussion on someone doing it to a X585 as well like I have which is more info so here are both links.

·
Registered
John Deere x595, 2005
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks @sennister. You are resourceful as always.

I just hope I can add that sort of buttons to my joystick...otherwise, I'll just try and sell it and buy one with at least a button (50€ difference between them.

·
Registered
John Deere x595, 2005
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I promissed some pictures from during the day. Here they are:

Machine Trunk
Bicycle frame Bicycle accessory Machine Bicycle part Bicycle drivetrain part
Bumper Tool Metalworking hand tool Hand tool Synthetic rubber

Reactions: trav
1 - 16 of 16 Posts