Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my 3039R to load trailers when we are harvesting grapes. When I load the trailers I keep a clipboard with me that I write down bin weights and where they are going so that I can keep track of what buyer gets what. In the past I have had issues with dropping the clip board, getting it wedged between the seat and fender, and just generally being a nuisance. I wanted some sort storage compartment that I could put the clip board or other things like a flannel when the day starts to heat up.

I found a basket type of box online, but there were a few things that I did not like about it. It mounted to the ROPS with u bolts, and it went the full length of the ROPS. I understand why they made it that way as it was a universal unit that would work with all types of equipment. But I wanted something more dedicated to my machine.

I wanted to be able to look back over my right shoulder and have full view of my implement. I wanted easy access to my 3rd function hydraulic lines. I did not want a bar to run across that my elbow would hit when I was operating the 3 point lever. Finally I wanted something with a cleaner more vehicle specific mounting.

So I decided that I would build something myself.

I tacked together a box out of angle iron to the size that I thought would work

Then I mocked it up on the tractor to try and figure out where to mount it.

I ended up finding two holes in the ROPS that I could open up and add some RivNuts to and also used a bolt hole on my 3rd function support bracket to mount it

I filled the sides in with expanded metal

A few coats of paint and it is all set.

I thought I would share it with you guys in case anyone wanted to build something like this.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Nice job. Looks great 👍

Reactions: rtgt

·
Premium Member
11,917 Posts
Well done, nice attention to detail. Green definitely looks better than black would. Thanks for sharing your project with us.

Do you use the clip boards which are hinged with a cover, to protect the contents, like this one?

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
2020 4066R & 2021 Z530R
29 Posts
Good work. I have the commercially available one you mentioned at first, and your right, I cant see my implement!! I didnt think of that at all when I hooked it up!

·
Premium Member
11,846 Posts
Nice work!

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,392 Posts
(y) (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts